“Overpriced and average quality food”
Review of Kobe Jones

Kobe Jones
Ranked #4,542 of 6,519 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I went to Kobe Jones on Friday night. Food was too expensive for the quality of food we received. Wagyu beef was extremely fatty, with parts of the serving bordering disgusting to eat. The chicken we ordered was also average. Meals took awhile to come out, however the waitress staff were friendly. The restaurant has a great atmosphere; it's a shame the food doesn't live up to the expectation

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food is amazing - Yay for that.

The service needs to be reviewed. Management staff must understand what it is to be a restaurant when charging these kind of prices. The longest wait time between the 13 courses was 22 minutes and that was unacceptable. Average wait time was closer to 15 minutes. For a meal that should have lasted only 2 hours we were there for 3. The temperature dropped that evening and management still chose to have the windows all opened. We asked for the heater to be put on but to no effect. In the end we ordered some tea to warm us up with they put on the bill (after only speaking to management did they remove the tea). I do have to input that our waiter was good and it was more the kitchen's fault for not making our food quick enough.

I have eaten here before in January 2012 and it was a wonderful experience. I am very disappointed with this visit but I will prevail and visit again later this year in hopes that service has changed. The food is really good but they really need to up their game to have satisfied customers leaving.

In terms of value i would like to say that it is only worth it with the discount vouchers. I'm not so sure I would be happy paying the standard prices.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant because of a voucher, otherwise we wouldn't have gone because of the high price. The overall experience was great, with a great view over darling harbour at night. However certain staffs were nice, but the staff who served us food appeared to be in a unhappy mood, and didn't have the initiative to take our plate with seafood shells and replace with clean plates until asked. We thought they would change them when they saw plates full with wastes, especially in a high quality Japanese restaurant with high price point. We had a 13 course meal (included in the voucher), well, I would count 9, 1 dish had 5 different kind of small starters, so we kinda felt misinformed. The quality of food was superb otherwise.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's not worth the money, the lobster was smelly and the service was average, only the atmosphere was good. I would not recommend my friends to go there.(28/08/2013)

We used a voucher for 13 courses which would normally costs more than 320 AUD, the service was average and my assumption was because that the restaurant was half empty as I had some really bad experience about the service before.

A glass of smoothie juice cost us 12.5 AUD and it was bland.

The food itself was dedicated and tasty until the last main, hot rock lobster cooked from raw. The lobster meat were not fresh,salty and smelly, we left at least half of the portion on the table.

The manager came and insisted that the lobsters are delivered daily several times. And finally offered us an extra dessert, we didn't ask for compensation or anything and didn't take the extra dessert because we were almost full.

I am sorry to say that but the manager didn't save his reputation nor the restaurant's.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I was here several years ago and the place was high end and delivered.

On sitting I was first asked if I had a voucher !!!

Anyway, the service was pleasant and professional but way too slow. Either they are always understaffed or have poor systems.

I was served mushy over cooked Edemame ( beans). Not a good sign as Japanese chefs are usually impeccable. Not the case here.

The other crab dish I ordered was tasty but a bit mushy and again not well resolved for Jspanese food standards.

The small portions of food were served on 50 x 10cm stylish plates in a beautiful harbour front location.

You can get better Japanese elsewhere at half the price.

The service while pleasant, was way too slow.

While I enjoyed my visit for the location, it was overpriced for the product served.