“Hopelessly run, mediocre at best.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Staff and service was worst I've experienced. We were pointed to a table at the back and left their without any explanation on what was going on for food, no drink service no staff anywhere to be seen. Food was poor, having to line up for a long time and when you get to the meat section a staff member is there rationing the food to 1 chicken wing, quarter of chorizo and a slice of beef. I don't think I'll live this down from my friends for suggesting we go there. Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else.

1  Thank Larryemder

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had a great night for my cousins Hens night. I had organised this and then seen some bad reviews on trip advisor so I felt paranoid that I made the wrong decision.
I did not make the wrong decision, we all had a fabulous night. The cocktail making class was heaps of fun as was the Latin American dance lesson. The music was fun and traditional for the Latin American themed restaurant.
I really loved the food and thought that it was value for money. Yes you did have to line up as in was a buffet meal, but we were bopping along to the music and having a great laugh as we moved up the line which didn't take that long really.
I would recommend this venue for group celebrations- it was a lot of fun!!

3  Thank Mauricia P
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Just awful, bad food and hot and Hot/Humid I. The restaurant. Maccas would taste better ! Something tasted off in my plate. And the toilets are filthy! Don't go here I wonder why they are still operating!!!!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Where to start...I am always happy to reflect on good or bad times and always in a constructive manner, but I have to say this review has tested every part of trying to be constructive. We called at very short notice a few weeks ago requesting a table at 6pm, to be told that they were full: no problem. We then as our voucher suggested emailed our request for another date and received an email reply confirming our booking. We turned up this evening as per our booking at 6pm to be told by a very uninterested and an attitude on her shoulder front of house receptionist that dinner was at 7.30pm. This would not have been a problem, other than the fact that my husband was due at work at 10pm, so we had specifically intended on an early meal so we could accommodate work too. The woman on reception's attitude was apawling to say the least. Uninterested in what we had to say, we asked her to call a Manager over to which she replied ‘well I can but there is nothing he can do as its Living Social’.

The Manager who we later found out was the owner came over and basically accused us of being liers, telling us that we would have been informed of the 7.30pm food service and then walked away. We produced our confirmation email, that did not state any of the time restrictions the Manager had stated to the Receptionist who didn’t even take the time to read it, but dismissed us in the same manner her Manager had.

Unwilling although very tempting to just walk away from this experience because we had paid for service, we agreed to return at 7pm, the time in which we were told by the ‘Manager’ that food service would commence, we returned and honestly this was an error on our part. We asked had the Manager been made aware of our email that didn’t outline the times he insisted it did, to which we were told ‘I will tell him now’…She didn’t tell him or if she did he made no attempt to come to us and rectify the problem. I decided that I would take the initiative and asked Marie if I could have a word with her. She listened and took on board what we said, but ended a seemingly professional meeting with, ‘do you need a hug’?

I must just mention that we ordered a bottle of red wine and as soon as we ordered it, were told that we had to pay for it. When I asked could we not add it to our bill and pay at the end of the evening, we were told NO! So my husband had to get up from the table and proceed to the bar as it was a ‘wired unit’ and pay for a bottle of wine before we had tasted I or even sampled a mouthful of food.

This was the most awful place I have eaten in Sydney and to be told that the owners wife responded to our email, who clearly doesn't understand the business is not good enough.

I have photo's and will post them at a later date as my husband has them on his camera. The toilets at 7.30pm were a disgrace!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I first visited Vivaz about 2 years ago and had a wonderful time, the atmosphere was fun and the food was good and the view was lovely. Unfortunately over the last 6-8 months, the quality of the venue and restaurant has taken a nose dive. The only thing that has remained the same is the view out the window :(

I visited the restaurant last Saturday (unfortunately what would be the last time), with scoopon vouchers worth $25 per person. The food selection was limited (a selection of salads, hot foods and as for the churrasco, we were offered beef, chicken wings, roast pork and chorizo. Although it was all you can eat, the quality was average.

As the night continued, we were looking forward to some salsa dancing but unfortunately the music turned into what could only be described as tacky 'night club' remixes.

2 years ago I would have recommended this as a nice dinner and dance venue. Today I can't recommend this restaurant for either. Don't be disappointed, go else where.