“Always excellent”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: The rocks cafe The Rocks Cafe is one of The Rocks' favourite icons. It offers a truly European dining experience just opposite the MCA on George Street. The Cafe spans two floors and combines the best of modern Australian architecture with a traditional bohemian feel that adds genuine warmth which is echoed by the friendly staff. The Cafe is open seven days a week from 8am to late at night so you can enjoy the breakfast, lunch or dinner. The menus are updated regularly and are complimented by the daily specials where our Chief Chef exercises his flair. Just around the corner from Circular Quay it's very central to the CBD and the financial district for lunch or after work dinner with friends or colleagues. The Rocks Cafe is the perfect for an intimate meal or large corporate bookings can be hosted upstairs and made private if required. Our wine list features wine from the best Australian wine producing regions and our staff are fully trained to help you in any way
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A visit to Sydney, for us, wouldn't be complete without having breakfast here. It's our 5th trip to Sydney and must say we always come here, we've tried other places but like here the most

There are newer reviews for The Rocks Cafe

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Good service, good value, good food. Quite ordinary cafe fare, and reasonable value, though the G'Day Cafe just up the road does just as good a breakfast, cheaper and with more charm. I've really nothing bad to say about this place, but it lacks a spark of anything special. It's a safe bet.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Nice meal with attentive staff. We managed to get a table outside which was great for soaking up the Sydney atmosphere.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon the cafe whilst staying locally for the weekend and we found it quaint, friendly with breakfast that was very tasty. I had the Zuccini and Corn fritters and the flavours were so good that we went for the same dish for breakfast the following day.
Staff were friendly, service was prompt and prices reasonable.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My partner and I had a nice chilled bottle of champagne in our room and we didn't want to order room service. We both ventured to the Rocks in search for restaurants that could do take away. One by one, the restaurants that we asked said that they couldn't do take away. I was sort of in despair, as my partner was sick and tired and wanted to just get back to the hotel. Then we entered upon the Rocks Cafe.

Yes, they could not take away. I was so happy. We ordered the prawn fettuccini, sesame crusted Alaskan salmon filet, and they grilled veal cutlet. Once made we headed back to the hotel.

I found all the dishes really good. The prawn fettuccini had a lot flavor due to the garlic. A bit oily, but that was okay. The crusted salmon was accompanied well with the Thai infused red sauce. The salmon did have a fishy taste that through me off a bit, but it was fine. The veal cutlet was tender and savory due to the creamy mushroom sauce served.

Overall the food was really good. They did have a huge meringue pie in the window that I was really debating if I should have gotten to take back. But due to the large size, it would have gotten smashed in the take away containers. Oh well, add to my checklist of things to try on my next trip to Sydney.