“Fantastic food with a great view”

Aria Restaurant Sydney
Reserve a Table
Ranked #81 of 7,501 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: A synergy of many elements, in an unrivalled harbourside location, Aria is one of Australia's finest restaurants. Aria brings together the vision of owners Matt Moran and Bruce Solomon, the creativity of Executive Chef Joel Bickford, the best seasonal produce and a world-class wine list in a stunning, art-filled space with sweeping Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge views. Unmistakably Australian. Quintessentially Sydney. Welcome to Aria.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When my sister and I go to Sydney, we always treat ourselves to dinner at Aria. Vivid was on in Sydney, and we had a great view of the Harbour Bridge from where we were sitting. As always, the food was amazing. The service was fantastic, and the Sommelier most helpful in assisting my sister to select a lovely glass of wine. My only disappointment was they had forgotten our vegetables, and we had to ask where these were. Once the mash arrived as always, this was divine. However, the broccolini, lemon, almond and eschalot was a little salty. They apologised, amended the bill and also gave us an extra dessert. The extra dessert was lovely; however, we could not eat it all. We still love you Aria, and we will be back.

1  Thank Maria R
Solotel M, Manager at Aria Restaurant Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Maria,
Thank you for dining with us at Aria and providing your wonderful review during Vivid Sydney.
It was our absolute pleasure having you join us. We are thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the stunning surrounding view of Sydney Harbour. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Team Aria

Write a ReviewReviews (2,721)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Aria for a birthday celebration and the overall experience was excellent. The food was divine and the service was excellent. One of the better fine dining restaurants we’ve been to aside from Orana, Quay, Sepia and Tetsuyas.
They even matched the degustation menu with matching mocktails as well as wine. And the mocktails were probably the most complex but tasty i’ve ever had.

1  Thank lukeandtsen

Hi Lukeandtsen,
Thank you for dining with us at Aria to celebrate the special occasion, it was a pleasure having you join us!
We're absolutely thrilled to hear you had a fantastic time and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for s family night .. we had heard fantastic things about aria and were not disappointed.. from the time you arrive you are made to feel very welcome ... food is amazing ... service outstanding and the knowledge of wine is wonderful ... we had a set menu with five courses I think and everything was delicious... highly recommend

1  Thank Andowhite

Hi Andowhite,
Thank you so much for dining with us at Aria and providing your excellent review on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you at Aria again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hubby decided to surprised me for my birthday and took me to Aria for dinner. From time to time we will opt for fine dining, besides good food I look forward to the service and attention to details. I can see why this place rated quite high consistently; it is the location. Depending on where you are seated - you might get to see both the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Although booking early and requested window seats may not guarantee you will get it because we didn't. Exquisite delicate crafted meals and friendly service. We loved the presentation of each meals and as usual since I love cooking, I will try to figure out what's on the plate... the ingredients... trying to learn how to plate like a chef (dream on). This is a great place for fine dining and a place for a romantic dinner and it doesn't have to be for a special occasion.

Although I must add, I was slightly annoyed to end the night with a group next to us with a young child not at her best behaviour. The waitress was very gracious in accommodating them although I don't think they are babysitters. To be honest I wasn't in the mood to end the night listening to half of the table raising their voice to tell the little girl to stop running... get back to her seat... behave herself....etc. So we quickly finished our dessert and left. Question: is it really appropriate for people to bring a young child to fine dining? I guess we can't stop them... and it does remind me of sitting near/next to misbehaved kids on the plane.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank jackiesavci

Hi Jackiesavci,
Thank you for providing your review about Aria, it was a pleasure to have you join us with your husband to celebrate your special birthday!
If you would like to provide further feedback about your experience, it would be greatly appreciated if you can please email our General Manager, Patrick, on patrick.agostinelli@solotel.com.au.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The tasting menu was very creative and enjoyable, matched well by the pleasant, attentive server. The ambience of the restaurant was relaxed and comfortable whilst still being a fine dining experience. Would highly recommend, especially for couples. The view is the perfect setting for a wonderful meal.

1  Thank AP221730

Hi,
Thank you for dining with us at Aria and providing your excellent review. It was our absolute pleasure having you join us and look forward to welcoming you back again!