“Need catering? These guys are the best.”
Review of ARIA Restaurant

ARIA Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 5,944 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: ARIA is an award winning hatted restaurant in Sydney located at Circular Quay, on the very edge of Sydney Harbour, provides a dining experience with striking harbour views, with an award winning menu and extensive wine list, served in an intimate and elegant dining room. Owned by chef Matt Moran, ARIA first opened its doors in 1999 and is highly regarded and awarded both locally and internationally. ARIA currently holds two coveted Chef's Hats and was awarded the, 'Diner's Choice' award by the readers at the Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide 2012 Awards.
Sydney, Australia
“Need catering? These guys are the best.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We recently had our wedding at The Opera House waterfront catered by Aria. It was faultless. Service and food superb.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Disappointing and soul-less.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Disappointed with this restaurant and would not go again. The Peking Duck Consomme was nice, but the Sirloin Steak and Snapper Mains were not. At ~$60/Main, I expected more. The Sirloin was typical of that steak - like eating a shoe sole and did not melt at all. Why not have a more succulent steak on the menu? The Snapper tasted like it was packed and compressed fillet. Heated up, it was dry and tasteless - not fresh. The coffee and hot chocolate to end the meal were luke warm. The staff are efficient, but did not ask "how the meals were"... which was lucky for them. No heart in any of the meals.

• Visited July 2013
“Kitchen Table”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Awesome night was had by all, we decided to forgo the opera house views for the kitchen view instead. Overall the food was delicious and the premium matching wine was worth it. Downside the canapes were a disappointing start, I expected to get more than one dumpling and one date with walnut, the champagne was great though. The service was great, would have liked to have seen the sommelier more than once to go through the wines and more interaction with the kitchen guys would have been a bonus. Highlight for me was the peking duck dumplings in broth, the trevalla fish, the pork belly and the lamb were all a standout. I would go again but would like to experience the views. If I was to compare against the degustation I had at Tetsuya, I would put Tetsuya first.

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Just short of excellence...”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Aria with my husband for anniversary dinner based on my previous excellent two experiences there. We had the degustation with matching wines. Food was excellent fine dining fare but had slipped slightly compared with previous experiences that had left an impression on me. Dishes were extremely small. Peking duck consommé was impressive as always, as was the rabbit dish. First course of tuna didn't impress me much and I expected more from dessert (strawberries). The service and atmosphere were excellent although the sommelier did take one of my husbands glasses of wine before he was finished. I would definitely go to Aria again but would probably try somewhere else first.

• Visited June 2013
Bundanoon, Australia
“Great Place to Celebrate”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The view from the restaurant was fantastic, it was a winters day in Sydney the sun was shining on the harbour which was busy with boats zipping around everywhere. We were there to celebrate a 70th Birthday with the family and it was an excellent choice. Although we had two children with us the staff were able to modify dishes for them,and the children really enjoyed the tastes and the experience. The service was tops, the food was great quality and cooked to perfection. The deserts were, according to the children "to die for" I just have to mention the Duck Consomme with Dumplings, the flavour was so intense, just fabulous. Overall it was a great experience, one I have wanted to try for some time. To all the staff who made our day memorable Thank you.

• Visited July 2013