“Stunning food, but flip you pay for it”
Review of ARIA Restaurant

ARIA Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 6,144 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: ARIA is an award winning hatted restaurant in Sydney located at Circular Quay, on the very edge of Sydney Harbour, provides a dining experience with striking harbour views, with an award winning menu and extensive wine list, served in an intimate and elegant dining room. Owned by chef Matt Moran, ARIA first opened its doors in 1999 and is highly regarded and awarded both locally and internationally. ARIA currently holds two coveted Chef's Hats and was awarded the, 'Diner's Choice' award by the readers at the Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide 2012 Awards.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Booked 3 months in advance as I was told just how long the waiting time was. Was really looking forward to it.
The location is stunning, the staff attentive, the wine list... longer than the menu list! we stuck to water, partly because of the price, and it seemed to be that as soon as we did this we were looked down on. The food is by far the best that I have tasted and it was one hell of an experience but the enjoyment was reduced by the price.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,257)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked the Aria from England two months before dining there. I was glad I did. The restaurant was full, and rightly so. The food was superb, the service great, the location fabulous. This must be one of the best restaurants in Australia. I have sampled quite a few and I cannot remember ever being so satisfied. Talk to the sommelier. He will point out some sensationally fine wines that don't quite cost the earth! The Aria is expensive but I believe your money is well spent.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Like going to dinner in a church... we felt we couldn't talk too loudly as we might annoy the waiters who seemed to be very uptight! No ambience whatsoever.

We did the very expensive degustation... some of the food was lovely, some average but mostly not inventive enough with flavours. However, the wine selection was outstanding. The sommelier was a nice touch though she lacked warmth and didn't want to deviate from her script.

Really wanted to like this place as it was my husband's fifteth birthday gift to me and he spent a lot of money but I won't be going back.

1  Thank Barbara T
Reviewed September 25, 2012

One of our best eating experiences. Ce magnifique! We wined and dined overlooking the beautiful Sydney Harbour and the Opera House. Food was exceptional, along with the service. It doesn't come cheap but when is 'the best' ever cheap. If you get the chance, don't miss crossing this experience off your 'bucket list'. It's right up there with the Le Jules Verne in Paris.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We love eating out and often follow the recommendations of others or the good food guide. I haven't heard a single word of negative feedback about aria. From guests at weddings they've catered, client lunches and hot dates, Aria know how to deliver the goods. I also love the fact that they offer an affordable pre-show menu and participate in the crave festival with entry level prices.We cannot wait to dine here again.