“An experience”

Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: A sophisticated and contemporary Cantonese dining experience, driven by an extensive and seasonal menu of dishes from one of China’s most-loved cuisines.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

A very enjoyable meal which was set price and quite expensive but that's the Rockpool . Not quite an Australian experience more European in it's ambiance and presentation; slightly pretentious.
We arrived early and proposed a drink at the bar only to be told there was not one despite there being a photo of one and comments by other reviewers .
The food although well sourced was overly complicated. Some good flavours and the lamb was lovely.Some nice wine.

The service was excellent and attentive but I would not have expected otherwise.

There are newer reviews for Eleven Bridge

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was one of the finest dining experiences we’ve had together or apart. The restaurant’s ambiance is perfect. Bron noted the lack of art work which didn’t seem out of place for the elegant simplicity of the surrounds. The wait staff were very helpful and informative without being intrusive on our evening. They were great at anticipating our needs, e.g., for topping up water and clearing away crockery. Bron was really impressed with the sliver tablecloth brush :-)

The evening is definitely worth the money we paid given the location, the excellent service to customer ratio, the ability to watch the chefs in action and most importantly the quality and complexity of the food. In the menu frontispiece Neil Perry ensures he attributes correctly the source of all his produce. I think this is a mark of quality.

One of the things that really struck us was the intelligent way in which the service was arranged. For example, the seating times for each table seemed to be calculated to ensure each group of guests were not sitting on adjacent tables. This gave us a sense of a space and tranquility. We could have a conversation without the need to be guarded or to whisper.

My one regret was that I was at the peak of my #ManFlu which means I don’t think I really enjoyed the subtlety of all that was on offer. It simply means we need to come here again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is the spot if you have to celebrate! Great design, very good service, excellent foot, and same with the prices!
However special restaurants for special reasons. Great menus.big variety of wines.the meat is at it's best. Long time I had such soft veal.good local Australian wines! We had good friends so that was the right location to enjoy. Dessert was also delicious .we had a great evening in a very good restaurant. Reservation recommended !

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant if you're looking for a fine dining experience. The food was excellent - loved the chef's fusion style. It's not cheap, but it was worth splurging on a dining adventure - once in a while!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had an amazing degustation menu with matching wine. All staff was exceptional, attentive and very professional. The sommelier chose the matching wines and gave us the chance to explore wine we usually don’t drink and know much about. But of course the most important part for a restaurant was the food and we were blown away by the different flavors and truly enjoyed every bite. My favorite was the cuttlefish with Gaian poultry duck prosciutto, but all dishes and the deserts were divine.
We liked that the dishes were special and unusual, because when I go to a fine dining restaurant then I want dishes I that I would not be able to cook or not have the time or ingredients.
Unfortunately, we live to far away to come back soon.