“I love this place!”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

While service can sometimes be a little slow, the quality of the food is so good it just doesn't matter. I've dined here several times and have NEVER had a bad meal... the beef sashimi is amazing.
Make sure you book! It's not a huge place, and its very popular.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at Nakashima on a midweek evening. The restaurant was quite quiet and we were served very quickly.

We had the sushi, sashimi, sukiudon and soft shell crab salad - all of which were tasty and fresh. Generous portion sizes and really reasonable prices. While it wasn't the best Japanese food I've ever had, you can't really go wrong at Nakashima.

The free happy hour drink on offer at that time of the day was another plus!

1  Thank Germione
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We eat here regularly and it is nothing short of excellent!! The food reminds me of being back in Japan. The pork maki especially is outstanding
Definitely recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I ate here with my partner recently on a Friday evening. After reading such great reviews I was really looking forward to the experience - however I came away quite disappointed. To start we had Goyza which were quite oily, the sushi was nice but not fantastic. Our mains took forever to arrive and were average.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've eaten here a dozen times over the last few years, and it is one of the best Japanese restaurants I've ever been to. In fact, it turned me into a Japanese food convert.
Tucked away down a little pedestrianised alley way, it is a real surprise. It doesn't look much from the outside (or the inside), but trust me, the food here is outstanding. It's bursting with flavour, which I have often found Japanese food does not do.
I have yet to eat something off their menu which is not excellent, and the value for money is outstanding.