“French patisserie”

La Renaissance Patisserie (The Rocks)
Ranked #6 of 425 Quick Bites in Sydney
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Welcome to La Renaissance! We are one of Sydney's oldest family-owned French patisseries, and the first in the Southern Hemisphere to be awarded the prestigious Relais Desserts status with our head chef and co-owner Jean Michel Raynaud. Each morning we serving fresh buttery pastries, hot coffee & tea, juice, savouries and cakes every day. A great place to recharge and relax if you're new to Sydney and exploring Circular Quay and The Rocks, or a favourite for locals. Our best-selling items include almond croissants and the Monet, a white chocolate mousse cake with lychee jelly, raspberries and coconut base. Cult favourite, the ham and cheese croissant, sells out daily as well, with a shredded ham & cheese bechamel inside and on top of the croissant. Baked until crisp but still a little soft inside... we say yes please!
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

Delectable delights are in store at the Renaissance. A wonderful choice of coffees and desserts and a reasonable price to match.

Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

This was a second visit. We came here in August last year and loved it so went back to taste excellence for a second time and we were not disappointed. Out the back there is a quiet courtyard with more seating. Great coffee and light bites French style. Yum yum.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

We visit La Renaissance every time we visit Sydney. The food & drinks on offer were once unique in Sydney but now other places offer quite good patisserie etc but La Renaissance still offers its own special charm. It is a delight to sit in the cool of the courtyard on a sunny Sydney day away from the bustle of Circular Quay eating delicious things ...

Reviewed March 16, 2019

I absolutely love pastries, so I was delighted to find La Renaissance Patisserie in The Rocks. We stopped by during lunch time and there was a line out the door. The shop is small, so most people took their pastries to go. I wished we were able to grab a dessert because they looked so beautiful. We grabbed two almond croissants to go for the next day.

Let me tell you, these almond croissants are no joke! They are huge and and come out warm. My arm was actually tired of carrying them around while exploring downtown Sydney. I wished I ate a bite of it while it was fresh and and still warm because they were absolutely delicious! I'll warn you though that the croissants are quite oily. I'm glad that they gave me a plastic bag to carry around the croissants because the brown paper bag that the croissants were in was completely soaked in oil the next day.

If this bakery was in LA, I would come here at least once a week! This hidden gem is amazing if you love pastries as much as I do. I'm still dreaming about their croissants today.

Reviewed March 9, 2019

We got some amazing croissants here. We picked them up and had them for breakfast the next day. Lots of good options here for a quick snack or for breakfast! Would highly recommend stopping and grabbing a bite to eat.

Date of visit: November 2018