“excellent pâtisseries”

Ranked #1 of 54 Bakeries in Sydney
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Welcome to La Renaissance! We are one of Sydney's oldest family-owned French patisseries, and the first in the Southern Hemisphere to be awarded the prestigious Relais Desserts status with our head chef and co-owner Jean Michel Raynaud. Each morning we serving fresh buttery pastries, hot coffee & tea, juice, savouries and cakes every day. A great place to recharge and relax if you're new to Sydney and exploring Circular Quay and The Rocks, or a favourite for locals. Our best-selling items include almond croissants and the Monet, a white chocolate mousse cake with lychee jelly, raspberries and coconut base. Cult favourite, the ham and cheese croissant, sells out daily as well, with a shredded ham & cheese bechamel inside and on top of the croissant. Baked until crisp but still a little soft inside... we say yes please!
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was desperate about finding a real french Pâtisserie and was so enthusiastic when discovering the delicious pâtisseries they make. It is so far the best place for fine pâtisseries, nothing to do with heavy creamy Aussie desserts.

There are newer reviews for La Renaissance Cafe

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I'm not guna lie. This was possibly the best coffee I have ever had and the pastries are to die for. I feel like you haven't had Sydney yet until you stopped at this cafe it was so good and it had a good feel to it. Yes do stop!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great little patisserie off Argyle st by the rocks . We called in for a coffee and the smell of freshly baked pastries hooked us . My hubby had a ham and cheese croissant which was delicious and obviously freshly made that morning . I tried resisting but after spotting a vast array of macaroons I gave in . The salted caramel were to die for ! A great little find for morning coffee with very pleasant staff . The sheer amount of local businessmen popping in for coffee and a pastry was testament to this being a great place and not just aimed at tourists .

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Located amidst the Rocks, we found this cafe whilst escaping the rain. Sat down ordered 3 croissants and a cappuccino and it was really good. It would have been great if the croissants were fresh from the oven.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great café situated in the heart of the Rocks opposite the tourist info. Seating outside on the street or in the courtyard at the back which I preferred.
Lovely cakes, my favourite was the almond croissant. prices reasonable for an upmarket café in the tourist centre. Coffee was fine unlike some where you get a pint of swill. Staff were all excellent, service prompt considering the cafes popularity.
The Rocks is a popular tourist destination, nice area to walk around and places to see.