“You want great seafood- come here”
Review of Fish At The Rocks

Fish At The Rocks
Ranked #18 of 5,843 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern Australian seafood restaurant located in one of the rocks historic buildings, where those in the know go!Open for lunch 12noon Monday- FridayDinner from 6pm 7 daysBlackboards with daily specials
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“You want great seafood- come here”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

You pay for quality, and freshness.
I could not help myself.
Entrees, 2.
A dozen Sydney rock oysters, but then scallops carpaccio also.
And to finish, Ocean trout.
And a great wine
Excellent

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PeteK48

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Great for a party”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We held a birthday party for 34 people in the upstairs room. Very comfortable. The atmosphere was very homely with the fireplace. Service was excellent and the food was sublime. We couldn't have asked for more, all at a price that was as good as any in the city.

• Visited April 2014
San Ramon, California, United States
“Less than Stellar”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Went here as it was highly recommended. Unfortunately, we must have hit an off night. Salmon was over-cooked, service was spotty, and dinner was not what I expected. Table next to us had same experience. Dessert was good, however.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Last minute decision”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I had heard this was a good restaurant to eat at. I tried to book a table over Easter weekend. I was initially told there was no room. Never one to be put off, I pleaded a little and Garth, the manager, fitted me in. I certainly wasn't disappointed.

The restaurant has that personal bistro feel, with a charming ambiance. The staff (our waitress was a lady called Mary from Ireland) was friendly and attentive. A lovely setting all in all, and a BYO too!

I was in a party of 4. 3 had starters, the scallop carpaccio and I had the Oysters. I liked both the natural and the oysters Rockefeller, so was offered a mix. All starters were excellent, however it was felt the scallops could have been more. The mains were all different. I had the seafood spaghettini which was superb. One person had the snapper fillet, whilst another had the special which was a whole snapper grilled. The certainly looked fabulous. The 4 person had salmon.

We had 2 deserts and were the last to leave. Thank you Garth for a lovely evening. I will certainly come back. The price was also very reasonable and we were charged a small corkage charge for our BYO.

Alice Springs, Australia
“Lovely cosy restaurant with good food and friendly service”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We arrived very late for our booking (flight delay) but the staff had saved our table. The service was prompt and friendly. We ordered from the specials board, delicious mussels in a cream, wine and basil sauce, and grilled fish. The sauce on the mussels was so good I was tempted to lick my plate! An excellent bottle of wine rounded the meal off. It is also BYO, but they have a good wine list. I would definitely go to this restaurant again.

2 Thank Gilli68