“Fantastic Seafood”

Ranked #42 of 6,492 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian seafood restaurant located in one of the rocks historic buildings, where those in the know go!Open for lunch 12noon Monday- FridayDinner from 6pm 7 daysBlackboards with daily specials
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The best seafood I have had in a long time. It's only a small restaurant but the food is of great quality and delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We weren't too sure about this place when our hotel in The Rocks recommended it because it's in a rather touristy neighborhood, but it was a lovely surprise. The food was great quality and cooked perfectly, and service was pretty good (only complaint was that water glasses were not refilled).

It's a small place, so you may want to get a reservation if you're going at a peak time.

1  Thank aw511
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked for lunch the other day and I was more than pleasantly surprised. Wild barramundi was the specialty of the day with wonderful tartar sauce and delicious chips. The fish was grilled and had a wonderful flavor. All for $25. What a culinary treat and what a deal as it came with a chilled glass of Sauvignon blanc. The young waitress was perfect and the young waiter had a great sense of humor.I will be back again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were looking for a place to celebrate my 66th birthday - eligible for Social Security for you non-American readers. Our taxi driver and hotel concierge both recommended Fish At The Rocks as the place. We were delighted. My wife informed our waiter that it was my birthday and he asked if I'd discovered the Crustaceans page of the menu. I had not. He strongly recommended the "Moreton Bay Bugs". I am up for most anything, food-wise, but the name didn't grab me. He talked me into them and I will forever be grateful! They were fantastic! Don't pass on the "Bugs"! They are sort of a prehistoric looking crayfish or mini-lobster and taste better than either. Also, the wine list is loaded with wonderful Aussie and Kiwi whites - all wonderful wines and most are reasonably priced. The restaurant is small, so make sure you have reservations.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Get reservations, at least on the weekend. It was quite busy on a Saturday evening. Prawn bisque was great. Stuffer barramundi was also quite good. Nice wine selection.