“Fabulous Crustaceans”

Ranked #21 of 6,058 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian seafood restaurant located in one of the rocks historic buildings, where those in the know go!Open for lunch 12noon Monday- FridayDinner from 6pm 7 daysBlackboards with daily specials
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were looking for a place to celebrate my 66th birthday - eligible for Social Security for you non-American readers. Our taxi driver and hotel concierge both recommended Fish At The Rocks as the place. We were delighted. My wife informed our waiter that it was my birthday and he asked if I'd discovered the Crustaceans page of the menu. I had not. He strongly recommended the "Moreton Bay Bugs". I am up for most anything, food-wise, but the name didn't grab me. He talked me into them and I will forever be grateful! They were fantastic! Don't pass on the "Bugs"! They are sort of a prehistoric looking crayfish or mini-lobster and taste better than either. Also, the wine list is loaded with wonderful Aussie and Kiwi whites - all wonderful wines and most are reasonably priced. The restaurant is small, so make sure you have reservations.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Get reservations, at least on the weekend. It was quite busy on a Saturday evening. Prawn bisque was great. Stuffer barramundi was also quite good. Nice wine selection.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We went to this great little restaurant on our last night in Sydney....definitely a case of saving the best till last. Off the beaten tourist track in the heart of The Rocks the service was superb, the food was delicious, the wine was excellent and the bill was very reasonable. We both tried the stuffed barramundi which we would definitely recommend. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went here when we were staying nearby and we had a fabulous meal, beautifully served and definitively a restaurant that I would go back to.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went out this evening and enjoyed a great meal with our 2 sons, who were offered a very good meal of either fish and calamari and chips or salad or pasta with a tomato sauce....more than enough quite honestly. Our fish was incredibly fresh and an absolute delight ! Thank you