“Without doubt, one of the world's top restaurants”
Review of Quay Restaurant

Quay Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 5,997 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been fortunate to dine in some of the world's best restaurants and I'm very comfortable in saying that Quay is right up there as one of the best dining experiences on the planet. Awesome location, superb food, an extensive wine list and highly professional staff. All-in-all, a wonderful, albeit expensive, world class restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Quay Restaurant

Reviewed October 19, 2013

On the circular Quay, in front of the opera House, you can dine with a nice view of the symbol of sydeney.
If you eat outside the view is so amazig.
Eating at the Quay means eat an encelent fish.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I went with family at Christmas, but keep forgetting to review! It's amazing, awsum views and delicious food. We had the taster menu with wines. A brilliant experience. Staff really attentive explaining the food and wines that went with it. It was a little stuffy for my liking but overall a great time. We had fancy drinks to start with and have to say the level of my drink was noticably less than the person I was sat next to who had exactly the same. It's only a small thing, I know, but when you pay the kind of prices like here I expect 100%.

Worth a visit, but if you are like me you will have to save up or hope someone treats you!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This has to be my all time favourite meal. And yes probably the most expensive as well but the location, ambience, food and wine made our anniversary lunch a very memorable event. My husband and I enjoyed several hours on a Friday afternoon enjoying the degustation meal, all with a fabulous view of the harbour. Sydney put on our best for us. Thanks Quay for the memories.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I really love the presentation, every dish looks like a piece of art.
however, chef's experiment doesn't success in terms of the flavor.
i came there for lunch, lunch 3-course menu costs AUD150! So i set my expectation to that level.
The starter I chose is a chicken meat which is salted, which is very like chinese salted chicken style, but besides of taste of salt, there is pretty much nothing else.
the maindish is wagyu beef tartar, almost raw. The sause tastes unpleasently sticky and over salty.
The dessert is 8-texture chocolate cake. different from what I expected, the 8 texture actually has 2 textures which was placed one over one in 8 layers.that's it, and it tastes just average.
so my sincere comment is, If you are willing to pay that money to experience the excellent view of the bay, you can still go there and just lower your expectation for food.

1  Thank mengbei