“Consistent, adult dinning”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City East
“Consistent, adult dinning”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A Sydney classic. A Potts Point icon. There's still a small group of sydney restaurants that arent part of the "just opened, new trend" crowd. This is one.

Visited April 2013

• Korean first
New South Wales, Australia
“WORTH THE VISIT”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Late Thursday Lunch, thought where would I take my wife for lunch.
So I thought why not go to this Fratelli Paradiso place that I've heard of.
Well on arriving I thought is this it, however when I left we thought how pleasing it is to go and eat somewhere and experience flavour in your food.
Wow, my Pasta was to die for and my wife's Lasagne was the best she has ever had.
Our origins aren't Italian there Greek and after the Italians I believe Greeks know their pasta.
I mean how can something like Broccolini taste so good.
Finally, big statement but I finally found the best Tiramisu ever.
To think I really went for the coffee.
Sorry, I can't judge the coffee because the flavours of that meal would not go away.
So we just have to go back just for coffee and okay I'm weak, going to have to slip in another Tiramisu.

• Visited May 2013
“Great local hangout”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I could almost eat here every day!!! That is what I love about it - its not the best ever Italian food, but its great consistent food. The waiters are always so switched on, I love the buzz of the small space and the footpath dining. The squid entree is always my pick, always crisp, never oily and the vinaigrette they use has the perfect level of sharpness.

After visiting a couple of times the owners recognise us now. On occasion when we have arrived and no tables are available, they have pulled up something for us to sit at (even if its a box) and have a glass of prosecco while we wait. As a local, it is nice to be recognised by the owners as someone who spends money in their restaurant every other week - these guys are switched on and we love it!

paris
“Not sure what the big deal is ??”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Each time I am Sydney invariably someone I know suggests we eat at Fratelli Paradiso. I am just not so sure what the big draw is ? The food is good but not seemingly extraordinary , the ambiance sleek cool casual and the crowd full of upscale regulars but none of it to me ever seems to warrant the undying appeal this restaurant seems to invoke with just about everyone I know in Sydney. I have resigned myself to like Fratelli as I get dragged there each time I'm in town ... several times a visit. Oh well.

“Amazing Lasagne!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went here for the first time & it won't be the last. It was pretty busy but we were seated within 2 minutes. The staff were very attentive & our waiter extremely knowledgable explaining the menu & what wine to drink with each dish. My partner opted for a pasta dish (sorry, can't remember the name) & I had the Lasagne. Not the biggest portions, but when it's as good as it was you saviour every mouth full. My partner had a taste & she thought it was amazing to. I would say 'best lasagne ever'. All in all, great atmosphere, great service & best of all, great food. Looking forward to returning soon.