“Heaving”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Lovely meal. Staff very busy and sometimes stressed. Excellent fresh food, well presented. Modern Japanese inspired. The sushi was amongst the best I have ever tasted.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love the overall vibe of the place. The interior is done in a style which takes me right back to Tokyo. The food was good and beautifully presented. Taking someone who isn't a massive fan of the cuisine is easy as there are many crossover types of dishes that suit a variety of palates. I thought the tasting menu was good value and as a bonus the wine list was interesting, the cocktails perfectly made to order. Fun buzzy atmosphere. I'm going back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We found 78/person for a minimum of 3 persons quite expensive but I must say it is well worth the $$$. Need to reserve ahead as the place gets packed particularly on Fridays. We walked in but was able to get seats at the lounge (Tokonoma) which was not ideal because of the noise and the after-work crowd. Overall enjoyed our degustation experience.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Taster menu is a must at this place. Chance to taste different things and experience the chefs expertise. They let us change a couple of meat dishes to just fish too. The food was amazing and even for one of our guests who wasn't a huge fan of Japanese food loved it.

It's not a cheap place but well worth the money. The atmosphere is great too as it was busy but the service remained excellent. Our waitress explained each dish as it came out. Oysters and scallops really stood out for me.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

it is a while since I have visited but my recollection is of a very good restaurant. It is well worth a visit.