“Such a good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tokonoma

Tokonoma
Reserve with
Tokonoma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #540 of 5,841 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Such a good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

it is a while since I have visited but my recollection is of a very good restaurant. It is well worth a visit.

London, United Kingdom
“No brainer if you want amazing food and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is a monthly visit for me! I always chose the tempura bugs, miso egg plant and to die for wagu... I'm getting hungry writing this!!
It's a great place for couples and friends, business or not! The food isn't cheap, but you really pay for what you get! And that's amazing food in a fabulous atmosphere with excellent service.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Favourite restaurant in Sydney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I cannot count how many times I have returned to Toko, and each time it is as good as the others. I love everything about this restaurant. I personally prefer sitting and eating in the lounge as it has a more relaxed atmosphere. I am pretty confident to say I think I have tried near on everything on the menu but my favourite dishes are the soft shell crab with wasabi mayonnaise and the salmon tata. Toko has my favourite wine to drink which is a French imported white called Jean Luc Mader. It is to die!
If I am after a great restaurant with my fav wine Toko is at the top of my list.

• Visited November 2012
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you're not sure what to order like myself just advise the staff your likes and dislikes and they'll suggest the most delicious meals! Make sure you order the sake yum!!!

Visited August 2012
New South Wales, Australia
“Delicious, fresh, special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had a fantastic dinner here. The sashimi is exquisitely fresh and beautifully prepared, and the sushi rolls are an exercise in the right balance of flavour and texture. It is on the more expensive side but it is an absolute experience, especially if you sit at the sushi preparation bar to watch the master chefs at work. Service was attentive but not overbearing.

• Visited January 2013