2,433 results
All reviews central station surry hills free bottled water express breakfast coffee and pastries disco lift disco lights dancing queen great location crown street king room rooms are small short stay one night stay great place to stay few minutes walk comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly to counter some of the hype - there are no iPads in the rooms, nor is there Netflix available on the TV. Just the usual appalling Australian Freeview channels. I have seen both of these mentioned in descriptions of rooms at 57, and they don’t exist. Not in the large queen room anyway.

This hotel is very conveniently located for Central Station and is on a street with some good bars and restaurants. There is also a small supermarket close by. However it is trying a little too hard to be hip! There are disco lights and music in the lift, but the two lifts are also painfully slow. I would prefer a lift that gets you there faster, rather than one that has gimmicks. It really is slower than a slow thing that has been hit with a slow stick

My room was fine, a queen room. It could do with more furniture / storage though. There is no wardrobe, but a frame that you can hang some clothes from, with a couple of small draws / shelves underneath. However the iron and hairdryer are already occupying much of this space. There are two small draws in a desk but not enough for anyone staying more than a couple of days. I was there for five days.

It was kept quite clean while I was there. So no complaints about that. There is no coffee maker or kettle in the room but there is free tea and coffee on the ground floor. This is quite annoying as I like a cup of tea first thing in the morning and had to put on some clothes and shoes and descend the 7 floors in the slow lift. I would have preferred a kettle in room. Although on the ground floor at breakfast there were free pastries and there was free bottled water 24/7. There is no restaurant or cafe in the hotel but there are dozens within walking distance.

There was a shower in the bathroom, no bath. The shower was unfortunately very very feeble. It was a rain shower, and some pump appeared to be working intermittently to get the water out. This resulted in the shower temperature changing every 10 seconds. This is definitely a weak point for this room and hotel. Also there was a magnified shaving mirror in the bathroom but set so that you could only see in it if you were about 5’10” or more, as it was much too high off the ground.

Finally as mentioned the TV - nice big flat screen, but just freeview. The WiFi in my room was not fast enough to watch Netflix either. Not a bad hotel for travellers, but don’t be misled by the hype on websites.

Trip type: Traveled solo
CarolinePFR, Responsable réception at 57 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Wales_Solo_traveller

We can’t thank you enough for such a detailed review about your past stay with us ,
Glad to see that you overall enjoyed 57 Hotel as much and sharing such an experience is always much needed.

We would love to see you back with us,

Reviewed September 10, 2019

Very reasonably priced. Funky rooms. Great service. Light breakfast included is a great idea. Close to station and mediocre restaurants (being near a station and all!). Highly recommended.
Very reasonably priced. Funky rooms. Great service

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CarolinePFR, Front Office Manager at 57 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Hi orianazanon,

What a nice review you have left here about your past stay at 57 Hotel,
We hope to see you back with us soon,

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

This is my second visit, I booked this due to the great location, reasonable prices, good condition of rooms - not amazing but functional and clean and comfortable and pleasant. I also love the water and pastries and coffee available, a good job.

This time, I requested an early check-in if available and when I get to the hotel, I’m told the room is available and to pay $50. Now, I get needing to pay to guarantee the room however this was on the off chance it would be available and it was. Unless the hotel has several transit rate/hourly guests, there is no reason not to give the room to me for no additional charge. There are zero extra costs associated to me getting the room upon arrival. Now, the hotel has lost a repeat guest and earned a negative review. I get making additional revenue, but do it in ways that can be justified; this is clearly not an hourly rate hotel so I’m positive there is no revenue loss, and if it’s been guaranteed by another guest already - then let me know that. I did not expect it to be ready, but it would have been nice if it was.

Please think about the consequences of such actions in future.

I will not be actively choosing this hotel anymore, it is sad that a simple, free way to delight a guest has not been taken and instead this opportunity was turned into a method to turn people away.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi 147anthonyp,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us before consuming your stay at 57 Hotel,
As per your request through the 3rd party website Expedia, you wished an early check in which we could process as per having an excellent housekeeping team, but this incurred an extra charge of $50 considering you arrived at 8.00am.

We always justify extra costs to our guests, and always try to provide an exceptional service for them to be able to come back, the experience is our number #1 pillar.

It is sad to see that you haven't changed your review as per our communication by email,
Thanks for being honest and open with your review,
Wishing the best !

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Great location
Bed was comfortable
Loved the free water, coffee and hot chocolate and pastries
Disco elevator was cute
Got Uber eats from a cool local pizza place
Grabbed wine from bottle shop round corner
Could store drinks in little fridge
Tv worked perfectly

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CarolinePFR, Front Office Manager at 57 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Hi rpostr143432

You review could not be better !
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to welcome you back with us anytime soon,

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Very comfortable beds, free bottled water and a quick breakfast. Nice bathrooms, overall I would definitely return. Awsome location
Surrounded by great coffee shops and bars. Woolworths grocery store was 5 mins away too.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Robyn W

Thanks very much for leaving such a beautiful review about your past stay at 57 Hotel,
We hope to see you once again with us,