“Incredible find”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Incredible find”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I'll keep it short, great food, great service, good value. We walked in on a Saturday night and were lucky to get a table as long as we were out in 1.5 hours. Not a problem, they had the food out quickly which anyone with kids will know is great. We'll definitely book next time we have the misfortune to find ourselves in Sydney.

Victoria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great service, friendly staff & a terrific meal at very reasonable prices. Most convenient to Circular Quay end of city + Rocks area. While it doesn't have a harbour view lots of the tables look out over a street good for people watching

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank advisorVictoria
Zurich, Switzerland
“Not Disappointed - Absolutely Delighted.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We picked this place to eat at the last minute given our poor lack of planning and Tripadvisor reviews. This place lives up to its hype. Gorgeous pizza -- they even suggested extra vegetarian options and encouraged us to make the pizza half-and-half so we didn't have to choose -- and gorgeous service. Was very impressed by professionalism and how they managed our expectations even though we were coming on a Saturday without a reservation. Strongly encouraged: book ahead if possible, but you might be able to wing it with a table outside.

My husband loved the pumpkin pizza the best of his two options as it was unusual and quite tasty. I combined the Florence (rosemary infused potatoes and prosciutto) and the prawn/spicy chorizo. I got an absolutely gorgeous piece of fresh rosemary on the florence (the intensity of the flavor was amazing), but the chorizo was my favorite for pure taste bud bliss. Also combine this with some of the local beer - 4 Pines from Manly - of which the pale ale is the best.

Enjoy!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank sd_in_switzerland
Adelaide, South Australia
“Best pizza in the world”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Let me set the scene: my wife and I are in Sydney for a quick holiday, staying in the Quay. We've been in town for a couple of days. Indulgently we have dined at Altitude, Wild Fire & Ananas in the space of 2 days (those reviews to follow in days & all awesome I have to say!).

Looking for something different, my wife hit google for a pizza bar close to the Shangri-La. Lucetta came up and we thought we would take a "chance"......

This is seriously the best pizza house, seriously! Between my wife and I, we've had pizzas in Rome, Milan, Vegas, Florence, Melbourne, Chicago, New York, LA & Adelaide. But tonight, we tasted the best.

Are they rigid to their dishes, with no flexibility, you ask? No way. We had the pleasure of meeting Mick (half the Board) after he'd cooked our meal. His wife (the other sitting Board Member) had the night off.

Picture a place, in some ways a simple and unassuming place, with red and white checkered table cloths, a wine list that is both small, yet comprehensive. A service level that is genuine & the want to please that is Mick.

By the way (I can't help but say), Coopers Pale Ale served at exactly the right temperature.... Yep, these guys have it!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank DC7
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Perfect food, perfect service!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

An excellent value for both Sydney and Australia as a whole. Nice, small atmosphere with very kind servers and very good service. The food was perfect! Great portion size (full, but not too full) and the dishes tasted excellent! My family and I had lasagna and two different noodle dishes and all were fantastic (the pizza looked good when it passed too). They also had a nice drink list with lots of local wines. I've been to Italy, and the food at Lucetta was on par with most of my meals there. I would definitely go back if I were in the area longer, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Visited November 2012