“Homey, Tasty, Good Prices- What's not to Like?”
Review of Lucetta

Lucetta
Ranked #461 of 5,900 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Canandaigua
“Homey, Tasty, Good Prices- What's not to Like?”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We are from New York, so Pizza is personal.We also have been trying to see Sydney on a budget...Gasp!
At any rate, the main reason I feel comfortable posting such a great review of Lucetta, is that I probably will never be in Sydney again, and if it gets too popular, it doesn't matter to me. But it absolutely deserves to be very popular among tourists and locals.
We made a reservation on a pass by the restaurant, and when we returned, were greeted like old friends. The four of us, hungry from tramping about all day, ordered three pizzas and a salad. We took almost an entire pizza back to the hotel, and not because it wasn't delicious.A bottle of a nice red finished the bill, which was under $120. For Sydney....And while cannolis sounded tempting, we were too full.
Pizza crust was matzos thin and crisp, with a nice light tomato base. veggie option was liberally covered with a variety of tasty roasted peppers, eggplant, mushrooms and onions. Pizza with salami was so tasty we literally inhaled it- none left of that one. The side salad, crisp lettuce lightly dressed with some shaved pears, pecorino, and balsamic, was large enough for us all to share.
service was friendly and obliging, food appeared promptly.
What a great spot. it was jam packed full when we left, sated, so call ahead to avoid disappointment. 2 or three small tables are out on the sidewalk as well.

• Visited October 2012

Brisbane, Australia
“Quaint little place, yummy food!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a must do restaurant if you're in the mood for pizza or pasta. The service was wonderful, everyone was super friendly! The atmosphere is nice, it's not a big restaurant, so I suggest calling ahead for a reservation (we did, but were told if we came immediately, there was no wait) The food was not over the top as far as presentation, but a very yummy, meal and just what I wanted to cure my Italian craving. A good value and some place we will return to again on our next visit to Sydney!

• Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Homely Italian”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Been 3 times. Good family restaurant - service quick and food always good quality. Decor is simple but pleasant. Have had Involtini, chicken and lasagne - all recommended.

Singapore
“Excellent chicken risotto !”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Always loved italian food, saw this on TA and decided to try it out. It was a short walk from Wynyard station.

Service was so friendly! Dinner was so gd that we went back for lunch!

For dinner, we ordered salad, calamari, risotto and braised chicken (from the specials board). Calamari was average, not a big fan of calamaris.

The chicken risotto was EXCELLENT! You must order this!! The risotto tasted like the broth has been cooked for hours! Flavours was bursting in my mouth.

Braised chicken was really tender and stew was so tasty!

They offer a really cheap lunch menu at $12.90. We had Carbonara and Naples Pizza. I'm a petite asian girl so the pizza was really huge for me. I'm usually not a Carbonara fan but they serve really gd carbonara, not overly creamly!

Pls visit this place, they should receive more credits for their food and service!!!

• Visited August 2012
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Approved by an italian!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I am italian and used to eat italian food almost every day. When I go on holidays, I often miss pasta or pizza. That' s how we ended up in this nice little trattoria in Sydney. we found it in TA and decided to try it. we had gnocchi and a pizza with parma ham. I have to say they were both very good! It seemed good value for money. The service was also good and the style and atmosphere in line with italian trattoria!
I recommend itto foreigners and homesick italians! Buon appetito!