“Tasty!”

Cuisines: French, Italian, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Glebe
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This restaurant has a great vibe. I went here for dinner and really enjoyed the food. The staff were very helpful as well. Great spot for a nice night out.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This restaurant is rated in Top 10 places for a long lunch in Sydney. Went there today. We ordered the 3 course lunch. You select one of three starters, one of three entrees and one of three desserts. You get one glass of wine. For long lunches you need to have more than one glass of wine. The wine served is not on the menu by the glass or the bottle. So even if you wanted to order a 2nd glass you have can't. We asked if they would credit the wine toward a bottle and they would not. Seems like a simple thing to do, but oh well.

The starters were not great. Too much food and not enough selection. Having a soup alternative would have been great. The entrees were better. The seafood medley was excellent, but the chef could hold back a bit on the cayenne. You should remember the seafood and not the pepper when you finish this course. The sauce is always a great part of such dishes, but you get no bread to dip in the sauce. We asked for some and it was added on to the ticket. My dining companion liked her beef dish, the horseradish butter was delightful and the onion ring and asparagus were well done. Could have cut back on the starters and added the extra money for some dipping bread with the seafood

The dessert options were not too good. My dining companion liked the Baked Alaska okay. I had the Treats. Nougat was nothing to write home about nor was the truffle (chocolate coated prune). Should be some option that pairs with the only sweet wine they have to offer (a cobbler or a tart). I missed being able to pair food with the selections that were presented for dessert.

Nice little street, but no view to speak of. Service was okay, but nothing compared to other places we visited in Sydney. I am glad that we went, but I would go somewhere else next time.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were recommended Glebe Point Diner by our B&B, and the experience was excellent. Service was efficient and friendly in a packed restaurant. The food was imaginative, and the steak was particularly good.
The wine list was varied and reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have had probably the best steak in my life here, the food is amazing, and reasonably priced for the quality. I would happily recommend it to someone looking for a great, unpretentious meal.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

A cool spot in a cool neighbourhood.

Lunch special is excellent value with lots of choice. All meals were good and service was efficient and knowledgeable.