“Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe XXII

Cafe XXII
Ranked #2,069 of 5,839 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

The service was horrible as we were made to wait for a long time to have our orders taken. The steak and trout were good but the risotto was tasteless. I cannot see myself coming back considering the standard and pricing.

• Visited December 2012

Hong Kong, China
“Best coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of the best coffees I have ever had in Sydney. Super friendly service. I cant wait to try their menu it looks amazing. Easy walk from Darling harbour. Skip the tourist traps and go here. There is an awesome patisserie just nearby.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“GREAT COFFEE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

This CUTE cafe /RESTAURANT REMINDED me of the great coffee we generally get in Melbourne.We went back for dinner a few nights later as we were staying nearby ,I ordered a dish which they made sure was Gluten free for me.The lady next to me had calamari which they adjusted and made Gluten Free.A lovely experience..

• Visited July 2012
Merimbula, Australia
“Disapponted to say the least:(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very very disappointed! I made a reservation at the resturant and they rang & confirmed Saturday afternoon which I thought was good. We arrived at the resturant and were taken outside to be seated. Outside with two heaters on a chilly saturday night!!!! I asked why we were outside and why I had not been told?.. The reply "we rang you but we couldn't get a hold of you" really well why was it that I spoke to someone on confirmation of the booking this afternoon?
On paying I asked to speak to the owner and unfortunately he was not there but he would be able to call me tomorrow(Sunday) it is now Tuesday and I still have not spoken to the owner yet!!!
I'd like to be able to tell you the food was great but we were so cold we didn't really take to much notice of the meal. I ordered the duck with cauliflower purée and the purée was stone cold.....
From one business owner to another.... One unhappy customer will ten other people......

• Visited June 2012
Queenstown, New Zealand
“What a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We ate at this very quaint resturant,for dinner then went back for breakfast,as we were staying across the road at the casino.
What a find,its fabulous.
The interior is similar to our favourite cafe in Sarlat in France.
The talented young head chef runs a fun looking kitchen,turning out wonderful fresh and interesting food.The flavours and combinations are really inspiring also the meals are decent sizes.
The wait staff ,know their menu well and are very savy in wines.
We took our son to breakfast the next morning,and again the food was sensational.
He lives in Potts Point,but will return here again.
So will we next time we are in Syd.

• Visited May 2012