“It's a Pub, Mate”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Here comes an American, speaking frankly: Sydney Irish Pub, the U.S. equivalent of Hennessey's. Dog ales for beer. It's hard to find a cheap breakfast anywhere in this city, and this ain't it either, but a good-tasting BLT is the cheapest deal on the menu. Also, backed that up with a Steak Sandwich, and let me tell you, anytime you're in Australia you will want one (very superior to the American Steak Sandwich). Also, Hamburgers with all the fixings, quality meat and OK bun. Bumped heads in the broom-closet of a bathroom. Fix that, and please, somebody tell the waitress to manicure her nails before she sets down our plates. She was nice and all, but really, those blue-nails have got to go.

1  Thank Life_of_Sean

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went into the Irish Pub and the staff were prompt though not overly friendly (the pub wasn't overly busy). I was dining on my own and I kept on being annoyed by two preteens who weren't being supervised. The service was prompt though they will not win any awards for their chicken parmagiana. The best thing about the meal was the chicken was cooked well very moist and the salad was fresh. The topping was tasteless it had a sweet tangy flavour that didn't have a defining flavour, the chips weren't the worst but they weren't the best. The next night I had to have room service that was supplied by Porterhouse and had seafood basket and was not happy the fish was overcooked, the salmon balls was unpalatable and the tempura prawns was very thickly battered and tasteless. The only thing I enjoyed was the salad and the chips. I would not go back

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I work across the road from The Porterhouse and have been going here on and off for about 1o years. The service is absolutely shocking. Once I waited at the bar for 40 minutes to get a drink. Admittedly this was during a RU game but to have two staff looking after tables, bar and food is STUPID.

The food is nothing to rave about. The best thing I have ever had would be the Sunday Roast. Mind you sometimes it's good other times it's quite poor.

I have eaten here probably around 25-30 times and I would estimate I have only ever enjoyed 4 of those meals.

Drinks are way overpriced. Great atmosphere during sporting games and trivia but other than that would never suggest for a friend to go to The Porterhouse. Too much hit and miss, mainly miss miss miss!!!!

2  Thank TheChristos
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Most delicious lamb shanks I've ever had! And great prices!!

The atmosphere is really good & the pub itself really beautiful :)

1  Thank MissKris1709
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of six. The atmosphere was good but service a little slow. I had nachos and it was really dry
As there was a lot if chips but not much filling on top. Friend had a porterhouse stark which was really fatty.