“Waste of money even on a deal!”

Corn Exchange Restaurant
Ranked #3,736 of 5,982 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I got the Groupon voucher for this seafood buffet- $79 for two. I don't know why you would pay full price for this buffet ever. The crab was the only good thing and even then we could not get into it as they had no seafood crackers. We finally got the waitress to find one in the kitchen but she was gone for over half an hour so was almost too late. Prawns were small and tasteless, fish was overly fishy tasting and the rest of the choices outside the seafood were poor. Spaghetti with tomato sauce, little potatoes. a curry and a couple of other measley choices. Even the cheese and dessert choices were low quality and not varied enough for a buffet. Definitely not worth it even on the deal so don't go at full price whatever you do.

1  Thank Pink085
There are newer reviews for Corn Exchange Restaurant

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had a Scoopon for the Seafood buffet and was shocked with the amount of seafood that was on offer.. I read some negative reviews and was dreading buying the vouchers..
It was a AMAZING seafood buffet with ample supply of Prawns, Oysters, Squid, Mussels, Smoked Salmon and different cooked fish..Unfortunately no Crabs, so they made up for it with other food.
The non seafood part of the buffet is limited with only a small range.
The deserts were amazing, really nice looking and tasting cakes and a large selection to choose from..
I was astonished at how quick the food was replenished with Chef's still putting food out at 10.15pm.. (We had the 8.30pm sitting and the buffet stopped operating at 10.30pm)

1  Thank EricBooBoo
Reviewed February 23, 2014

When we check in we saw there was a seafood buffet, which we generally enjoy. Not this time! The crabs were small and hard to get meat out of and when you did, it was pretty tasteless. We like crab and have eaten it often in the U.S. and some in Australia, all much better that this. There other selections looked ok but again didn't have much flavor. We ended up eating mostly prawns, which were alright but they didn't seem to know what cocktail sauce was at this restaurant, so they were pretty bland. The desserts looked lovely, but once again, not flavorful. The cheese was good, until the brie was gone. Because we were in a hurry, we ate there for the buffet breakfast, under my protest.
Average at best, nothing compared to the wonderful Feast restaurant at the Sheraton on the Park. Also, note that you have to climbing stairs to get to this restaurant, unless you happen to notice a small half hidden handicapped lift in the corner. We didn't and only found out about it when my husband asked if there was another way to the restaurant. I would not recommend this place.

3  Thank Corrine F
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was here once before & wasnt that impressed but i thought that id try again since there was a good deal.
There was a good selection of seafood. The prawns were fresh though & some of crabs were bland, it was like they didnt even put salt when boiling. So there was no consistency. There was also a small selection of salads & hot food (indian curry, fish, rice, roast) I didnt even try the hot food because my husband said that most of it was bland. Some of the desert was nice but some were tasteless too. It was quite dissapointing & wed never go again. Ive had better buffet at the sheraton in the park & marriot. They were busy when i went but the service was alright. We did have to wait around 10 minutes before they took our drinks order. They also gave us the bill 40 minutes before our time was up as if to say. You'll have to go soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We bought an online voucher for this restaurant prior to visiting Sydney. Upon arrival we were quickly ushered to our seats. We were then offered a drinks package for $17 which allowed for unlimited beer, wine and soft drink for one and a half hours. The buffet was extensive with everything from seafood to ice cream and lollies. The food was divine. Our waitress was remarkable, not once did either myself or my husband have to ask for a drink. The voucher made this place extraordinary value for money but I would be happy to pay full price in the future. A must visit for all future trips to Sydney

1  Thank Elizabeth C