“There was nothing special this time around”
Review of Spice I Am

Spice I Am
Ranked #191 of 6,486 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good Thai food can be amazing and from memory that was what I thought this place was having been there 3-4 years ago. This time around it was good by suburban standards but it lacked that special something that i told my friends they should expect.
The level of spice was right, in others words hot was hot. Maybe we just ordered the wrong meals this time.
I guess I will have to go back just to make sure we didn’t just pick the wrong things.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We recently had lunch at Spice I am, Darlinghurst and the restaurant has been revamped by chef/co owner Sujet Saenkham. We believe the dishes served up to be some of the best Thai food we have tasted outside of Thailand! There is a great variety of dishes and nothing on the menu is over $29.00. The dishes are fresh and the aromatic pungent flavours are to die for. Spice I am has an elegant interior with an upscale cocktail bar and intimate private room - which we think would be great for private celebrations and the vibe is smart casual. The waiting staff are young, friendly and eager to please. Fully licensed. No BYO. Spice I am 296-300 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst. Early phone bookings only. Ring 02 9332 2445. Take Away available with Home Delivery in limited area.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The food here is delicious. Having recently come back from Thailand, I have to say that the food is quite authentic too. Don't worry about the word Spice as you can request the dishes to have less chilli. Be prepared to wait for awhile on a Friday or Saturday night however the wait is worth it. Please though don't come in a group larger than 4 as you will be waiting a lot longer than tables of 2.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our dining experience did not go so well. We ordered the following: Pan Nang and Red Curries along with Satay. The Pan Nang was satisfactory, but did not taste much peanut sauce. The Red Curry was not good not much taste and too watery. Both dishes were spicy, but not enough for me. The Satay was small compared to what we would recieve in the states. Price $14.50 for each curry. On the high side. Same dish in the states about $ 9.00. Oh forgot one more thing rice was not included( $ 3.00 extra), this is very unusual. I don't know many asian dishes that don't include rice since it is a staple. Service was very rushed if you would stop to take break someone was trying to remove your dish. I had to stop them several times. They seemed to be annoyed with this. They would ask, but not wait for reply before taking the plate. Bottom line if you are going to charge that that much for food, spend a little more money on some decent furniture. I felt like I was sitting on a bucket with the person behind me holding me up, since we were so close.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

At first glance this looks like a cheap & cheerful cafe. No frills and byo. The food is fabulous, I will definitely be going again. Duck Penang was phenomenal.