“All-round good experience”

Ranked #93 of 6,101 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staying at the Hyde Park Inn with an elderly friend with mobility problems we decided to go to the nearest restaurant whatever it was like.

Delighted to find ourselves in the Mazzar'O where the service was attentive and knowledgeable, the food was lovely (slow-cooked lamb perfectly done; and lovely home-made pasta), reasonable selection of wine by the glass. It was a most pleasant experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is located opposite Hyde Park in Elizabeth St Sydney, I have had the opportunity to fine there a few times over the past 12 months and always found the food consistently good. The service is good and meals are delivered in a timely manner.

1  Thank JohnMu2101
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I previously felt strongly enough to write a review about being charged for bottled water in this restaurant when we had not ordered it. I wanted to add now that I contacted the restaurant and the manager or owner (I am unsure which) phoned me promptly and was most apologetic about this, explaining that the new French waitress did not understand that we often drink tap water in restaurants in Australia. He offered to provide me with a credit, however, as I live in Brisbane, he refunded the cost of the water to my credit card immediately.

That's what I call good customer relations. Due to this, I will return to this restaurant as the food was so good, and I love the hotel next door (Hyde Park Inn), which is where I will be staying again when I return to Sydney.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

When asked what we would like to drink we asked for water. I assumed this would not be charged for. We were horrified when we got our bill to see we had been charged $12 for bottled water. Would have specified tap water if we had actually been told this was what we were getting.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

A little pricey - but worth it. Food was very good, service great and location at our front door step.