“Great Italian meal”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Italian meal”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you want authentic Italian food this is the place to go . Service is attentive and helpful and the food is well priced. A great feel when dining here lively and welcoming. We will certainly be returning for another meal.

Visited February 2013

Nice, France
“Good service, average food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My partner went to this Italian trattoria because a friend had given us a 25% discount coupon. Our first impression was that it was typically Sydney-noisy but lively and fun, with a pretty full house for Saturday evening. The welcome was warm and friendly and, though the outside table we had reserved was not available, we got a good table by the window inside. Unfortunately, the food did not live up to expectations. My $27 fegato alla veneziana was tasty but overcooked. My partner's $18 pizza "made in Italy" was OK but minus the promised anchovies. Our $9 glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo red reminded me of the plonk they sell for 9 euros a litre in Italian pizzerie but I guess it had come a long way. To cap it all, our discount voucher was not valid - it applied only to the takeaway (same name) on the other side of the road, which is a bit misleading.

• Visited February 2013
Sydney
“Only go if you want pizza”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been a regular here for years and I know what to expect, or so I thought. On the last two occasions, the prices charged are just crazy. I ordered grilled fish and salad and was charged $30 for the fish and $16 for the salad. For a $46 lunch, I can go to some of the best places in town! On a previous visit, my companion had a bowl of soup, asked for some bread to go with it and was charged $4 for two slices of bread. If you want pizza the quality is great and they a big enough to share so it is the right place for a large group. Anything else is not worth it.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Old School Pizzas”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've eaten from both their Takeaway outlet, as well as their restaurant this past week.

Takeaway - great pizzas, reminiscent of roman styled thin pizzas oozing flavour and tradition. It's a great change from the gourmet pizzas of the recent years, where they throw just about everything on a pizza and call it gourmet or fusion! Fantastic pizzas at a reasonable price. Their salads a good but a little expensive.

Their restaurant across the road is brilliant.
A vast Italian menu, good honest food and fabulous atmosphere for dining with friends. The service is efficient, prices ranging from great to reasonable - depending on your order. The thing that always impresses me is the basics on the menu. Simple selections like bruschetta, and limoncello gelati are fairly accurate indicator of what to expect. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank KVE1005
Sydney, Australia
“Lazy Friday night in”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Really good pizza - the large really is - was delivered directly from Made in Italy in the CBD and only took just over 23 minutes. No need to order through a 3rd party and get a cold pizza delivered over an hour later.

Visited January 2013