“Sukiyaki Udon is sensational”

Komachi Japanese Restaurants
Ranked #2,779 of 6,492 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've been going here for years and have to say it is the best valued restaurant in Sydney. The food is alway excellent, and so many times we walk away thinking we are way too satisfied for what we paid! Very highly recommended.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We go here once a week and love it!
The range of food is great and good sizes!
Food is fresh and service is great!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had a late lunch here after seeing the show featured on the Sydney Weekender. Quite a small shop but very lovely food. One of the best okonomiyaki and teriyaki chicken ju dishes I have had, not too overpowering and relatively authentic. Prompt service and friendly staff. I do enjoy Japanese food, but I highly recommend this particular restaurant if you are in the Surry Hills/Redfern area.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

delicious very happy with delicious food very rich in flavour tofu I liked the tofu vegetarian
I can not describe very tasty

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Meriton Serviced Apartments in Waterloo and wanted something nearby so we decided to try out this place. This little restaurant is run by a few Japanese people so the service was excellent. Sashimi and California Rolls were great. The most amazing dish was probably the Agadashi Tofu. The ramen was a bit of a let down though but I know I shouldn't compare it to those in Japan.

One shocking thing though but I guess I shouldn't blame the waiter. I just wasn't aware of the inflation situation in Australia as I had not been back in 9 years. I asked for water and the guy said <how about green tea?> I casually said OK. Turned out the two cups of Japanese tea cost us something like AUD9. I would have spent AUD9 on a few pieces of sushi. But perhaps this is the culture now in Australia.