“Typical gastronomic Japanese restaurant !! My fetish place definitely ! :-)”
Review of yoshii

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed December 28, 2011

HI everybody !
Very charming place with a nice sushi bar and a lovely restaurant, quiet, zen....I am pretty interested about gastronomics restaurants. ( in Paris I have tasted many michelins stars restaurants). I also loveeeeeee Japanese food, You know what I mean ? Not sushi train or some bloody stuffs like that... NO, I love typical japanese food, like a good quality of fresh fish, home made tofu, creatives sauces, amazing flavours.. The Chef in Yoshii restaurant is a real Japanese "sushi chef " , I have tasted the "christmas menu", it was just awesome !!! Very nice flavours, an amazing plate of sushi... And there is also a very nice cellar! If you like Japanese food (waguy beef, salmon, king fish, tunna, ginger, yozu, tofu...) You will love this restaurant ! FRESH HIGH QUALITY products and HOME MADE !! Rare at this time !!! Now it's the place I want to go to eat some delicious sushi.... Good new : they will change the menu soon and "à la carte" is available also. So Have Fun :-) :-)

1  Thank EmilieSydney

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Wow! This place is really a rip off! They add 10% to the bill on "public Holidays" and another 2% if you want to use a credit card. The servings are TINY!!! And by that I mean minuscule... $350 later we left saying " ok... So... Where to for dinner now". Sheesh, whoever reviews this needs to learn what good sushi actually is. This is only decent, sorry.

1  Thank Maradenver
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Having first given the restaurant the right of reply to my concerns before publishing them for all to see they did not reply.

My wife and I had the degustation menu on a 'busy' Friday night. There were at least 8 other diners in the restaurant. This should have told us something to begin with.

The 2 waiting staff were obviously new and had no idea on how to serve. There was confusion as they came from the kitchen on several occassions. Eight diners-not that hard.

Whilst the food itself was tasty and inventive the size of the servings were ridiculous. After 7 courses my wife and I both left hungry. Hungry enough to grab some takeaways on the way back to our hotel. For $140 a head I expected a whole lot more.

The icing on the cake was when we ordered 2 cups of green tea to finish. At $5 per cup this was outrageous. We had just paid $280 for meal that would barely fill 1 person and we were charged $10 for 2 cups of tea.

Yoshii obviously caters for 1 off diners and that must be how they justify their prices as they know they won't be back.

What a disappointment. At least the restaurant could have addressed my concerns personally before I resorted to this.

Get you act together Yoshii. You're a disgrace.

1  Thank Diner12345-12345
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The presenattion of food is divine and tastes as good on the fork as it looked on the plate.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

We went to Yoshii for dinner on 07 April 2011.
We should have left once we discovered the place was empty @ 19:20.
I asked If we could sit at the empty sushi bar but were refused.
The decor is lacking in every way, bad lighting , austere in an uninspired small scale prison cafeteria way.
The waitstaff was unprofessional and frankly useless. I asked to describe one of the saki choices on the menu, the waitress had to go to back of house to get answers. When she returned she had a basic description "its very dry". I chose something i was familiar with. The waitress returns with our saki and pours not only in the glass but on the table and she does that with both glasses and doesn't apologize or clean it up.
During our dinner we were disrupted by the sound of children or child playing and talking loudly through screen divider between us and the forbidden sushi bar. perhaps a staff members child......
Every question we had needed either needed translation or back of house consultation.
Dinner (several courses) was a parade of pedestrian level poisson.
The price, outrageous $371.70 for 2 and we only had 1 drink each.