“Fantastic”
Review of Wildfire Restaurant Sydney - CLOSED

Wildfire Restaurant Sydney
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, Australian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place is defintely worth a visit , the food , sceneery and service are top notch. Its pricey but well worth it , make sure you are hungry and you wont be disappointed .

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food wasn't bad, but the service was. We had tag-team waiters, so we didn't know who to turn to for things like, "another drink?" On top of all that, waiter number 3 (or was it number 4?) brings us a bill that seemed a little high (even with the high prices). Well, in addition to what we did order, we found 3 orders of "water" for something like $27 and a appetizer for another $17 that we did order but never had served (cancelled when we finished our main courses). Of course the $44 in bogus charges were taken off, but it is a reminder to all that restaurants frequently make mistakes (intentional or not), and diners beware!!! Check your bill carefully before tossing the waiter your credit card. You might regret it later. Or is ignorance bliss?

2  Thank AntiTraveler
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went straight for a main and my steak was perfectly cooked. I was a little annoyed that you only got the steak and if you wanted any sides they were extra. Extensive wine list. Great views and food very tasty. Service was attentive so overall very happy although you pay for it however on the otherhand very good portion sizes even with the sides

1  Thank HappyBandit
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wonderful service, extraordinary food and amazing location. There are quite a few good seafood restaurants and some great steak houses in Sydney but It's not often you come across a restaurant that serves fresh fish and well aged red meat so well, Wildfire is my new fav restaurant down town. The salt and pepper prawns as a starter (amazing) and your choice of steaks will have you drooling at the mouth, I had the big rib eye on the bone, (awesome) the hand cut chips cooked in goose fat (remarkable). But what impressed me most is the unpretentiousness, and if that's not a word, it should be.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Noisy, lively and with waiting staff who might have tried a little too hard at times, the restaurant was an amazing experience. Beautiful location and easy to find it was essential to book in advance. The menu offered sea food options that I had never seen before and the large shelled "bugs" turned out to be a really good choice - so much to choose from and it all looked and smelled good. The lamb was most probably the most tender I have ever eaten. Not so keen on the banoffee pie - quite a novel take on the traditional, perhaps not something I would want to eat again. As expected the wines were extensive and a good explanation at hand for each of them. Cannot be recommended more highly.

1  Thank SoozNorthampton