“Must Be Something in the Name...”

Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with
Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 5,843 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Waterfront's authentic menus are inspired by the classics with seafood being our specialty. Oysters are shucked to order, and long-standing relationships with Sydney's leading suppliers provide us with the best line-caught fish.Situated within the historic Rocks precinct with views across Sydney Harbour and the Opera House, dining at Waterfront is a truly unforgettable experience.
Wiscasset, Maine
“Must Be Something in the Name...”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants back home in Maine is the Waterfront in Camden. On a recent trip to Sydney, after being disappointed in the service in the first restaurant we tried we stumbled upon this great restaurant waterside on Darling's Harbor. We were seated immediately, and it wasn't two minutes before the waiter had our drink order and another waiter approached to see if we needed anything. All told, we were looked after by three different people. Food was great, service was better. Great value for your dollar, with a spectacular location right on the waterfront.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Fish4Stripers

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyable Night”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Everything was very nice ,very clean, food was nice,service was very good would go there again.Prices were reasonable also

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jenny C
Auckland, New Zealand
“Live crayfish”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food quality is only exceeded by the sense of humour of the staff. The table was booked by our hotel, which meant VIP treatment, free drinks and a great view. I was unsure what to order and asked about the crayfish, the waiter brought a live one to the table for me to inspect. Although I chose not to have this I thought the concept a brilliant one. The service was attentive but not pushy. The entire evening was most enjoyable.

1 Thank waiake1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brillant food - Great view - 3rd class service.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The title is the best way I'm able to review this hotel. The food is really brilliant however keep in mind it "isn't very large servings". The view is fantastic and will give you the cliche waterfront views of Sydney Harbour including the bridge and Opera house.

The service on other hand was pathetic and anything but a joke for a restaurant of it's caliber and position. Rather than describe I'll just say it took 2 hours to get Entree let alone mains. By the time mains had come it was close to 3 hours! Now maybe I'm a little tough but I expect my food in a restaurant of this range in an hour "max".
(Further note, chairs aren't comfy for the extended wait and the view will be boring after 3 hours unless you are a tourist and this is your first visit to Sydney.)

1 Thank Daniel B
ChrisD101, Manager at Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback written on the 6th May.
On Behalf of the Restaurant team, and Management of Waterfront Restaurant, I am very sorry for the experience you had at our restaurant.
I do however appreciate the fact that you have taken time, effort and energy into putting these points across.
As a business we pride ourselves on the quality of food and service and I am disappointed to hear that although you enjoyed your meals the wait was excessive.
Rest assured that you views and comments are extremely important to us and there will be a full investigation into what happened on this occasion.
If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact me on 1300 115 116.
Yours Sincerely

Michelle Christensen
Restaurant Reservations Manager
Sydney, Australia
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My friend and I went to the Waterfront on a beautiful sunny day for lunch. We had pre paid for our meal through scoop on. We were expecting the food to be average, catering for the tourist market and also because we had a special deal. Wrong we were! The quality of the food was excellent. It was fresh, flavoursome and the portions were generous. The venue offers wonderful views which added to our positive experience. I wouldn't hesitate to try it again. Hopefully they are consistent.

1 Thank Michelle G