“Overpriced, bland food”

Wagamama
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We thought it was too expensive for what you get. Fried udon noodles portion size was generous, but ultimately just a bland stir fry with usual ingredients. Katsudon curry dish for my son was dreadfully average for the price, over $20.
It was my first time in the famed 'wagamama' franchise. The marketing is slick, but unfortunately the food just doesn't deliver. One good thing was the service, waitresses were very friendly.

1  Thank James G

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Came for a family lunch with three adults, one child - kids eat free with an adult, which is a bonus! Service was a bit haphazard - staff seem to be backpackers - my bento at 17 dollars was a slice of beef in gravy, some peas, sweet potato slices and rice. Very over priced compared to chinatown. I guess it's the cost of "the brand". Not going to work when you have sydney quality food and prices around the corner.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Atmosphere is commercial (I had a large ad in front of my face), load, and in general nothing much to recommend it. The saving grace is that it looked clean.
I ordered chicken ramen. The soup was good but the chicken was very dry. It certainly tasted as if it was warmed up.
The service was efficient.

Summary: a place for quick efficient food

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had see food with my friends. Very tasty sea foods I had with them in this restaurant.Also very nice place.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is always tastey. The two times I've been here while traveling to Sydney over the yrs have been great. I came this time w family and kids and learned you can get a free meal w a paid adult entree. Where else in Sydney can you get this quality meal for 7 people for $66?? Waitresses were very accomodating. The communal tables are cool and work for this busy restaurant.