“Excellent Takeaway Dinner”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City West
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was visiting my son in Pyrmont and decided, spare of the moment, to grab an Indian Takeway. I picked up two meals, a Chicken and a Veggie dish with rice, breads and bhajis. Unusually, I didn't check this place out on TA in advance, so I wasnt expecting too much. The restaurant itself is fairly plain and modest for patrons wishing to enjoy a Dine-In experience. The staff were very nice. The meal took sufficient time to prepare to indicate that the dishes were cooked-to-order. I consider myself to be something of an Indian Food specialist - so I was astounded at the quality and taste of our meal from the Vrindavan - it was superb. I will be a regular visitor for takeways for future visits to my son's place. Thanks.

1  Thank ivan i

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a dinner here during my week stay in Sydney, just because is very near the hotel.
I think it works more as a take away than as a restaurant... as during my dinner I was the only in-dining person.
Many people came and take food away.
Food was excellent, but served in small portions.
I took:
mango lassi [5/5]
all side dishes (and was minimal...not just small, even if very good) [3,5/5]
naan bread (of correct taste and size... but that's not diggicult) [4,5/5]
and a "dish of the day" (tasty, well presented, but small) [4/5]
Cost, including a bottle of sparkling water , was around 46AUD... really too much! [2/5]

1  Thank Andrea_Ravera
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took a group of 125 indians and The restaurant owner managed it very well ... the food was tasty , the service was fast and prompt and its was well located too ..

1  Thank pknrajasthan
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We live just around the corner & visit occasionally for dine in or takeaway, which can be phoned for & even home delivered. We are always made welcome by friendly staff & the food is excellent, hot (both spicy hot & oven hot) with a varied range. As in most Indian restaurants, portions do not appear large at first appearance, but are in fact deceptive, being substantial, filling & satisfying. Pricing is fair & reasonable, market prices, & offers really great value. A continuing favourite.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We popped in for a quick meal before heading out for the night and were impressed by the quality of the food. Service was prompt, and we left feeling satisfied, when often we roll out of Indian restaurants feeling uncomfortably full - the serving sizes were just right.

I would definitely recommend it to others, and will be making a return visit if ever we are in the area again!