“Its a shame I can't give it 0 stars”

Superbowl Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #3,744 of 6,486 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place was packed like a Japanese subway and we were hungry, so we thought it may be good sign, so we went in, oh how we were disappointed. The rice came out last, some ten minutes after all the main courses had come out, and only then could we start to taste the horrors that lay before us. The sizzling beef tasted not of beef but of some tenderizing agent, and the beef wasn't tender, it was either a gelatinous mass or cardboard. There was an Australian couple sitting next to us who ordered Peking duck, the waiters were very accommodating and gratifying but that's the end of it, they brought out the sauce and salad first, they ate the salad, then when they finished they brought the rest of the duck about half an hour later, then the wrapper.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been coming here for a long time now since I was little, and still rate the congee one of the best in Sydney.

After reading the reviews about this restaurant to past time and finding alot of hate it and this place should be shut down is because you shouldnt really expect any customer service & nice decor from any asian restaurants besides the 'modern/high end' place.

I have brought all my friends here and they have always rate it well. As well it depends on the type of person and ethnicity with exposure to certain foods/cuisines. Like all places, you either love it or hate it.

They have good congee that isnt too runny/watery and has good portions of toppings. Also the deep fried noodles with combination is good too.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We weren't expecting haute cuisine but there seemed to be locals eating here which I thought was a good sign - perhaps their stomachs have built up a resistence. Apart from the noodles being disgustingly stodgy, I had a violent case of food poisoning that night. No need to say anymore apart from where is the Health Inspector and why is this place still operating??

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Ate at this atrocious restaurant the other night and am surprised and relieved not to have suffered food poisoning.

Like other reviews, was enticed to eat here, by the girl handing out menus. Not expecting much, but hungry all the same, I ordered the crab and sweet corn soup, followed by noodles and BBQ pork.

The soup was thrown on the table a few moments later by a surly waiter and was roughly the temperature of molten lava, but nowhere near as tasty. Liberal splashes of soy sauce helped to provide some taste, but it could not redeem this awful creation. Aprox 2 mins later, and after 1 mouthful of soup, my main course arrived! Great! After trying at least some of the soup, I gave up, and moved onto the noodles, which by this time (i was sitting outside in the unseated tables) was barely tepid in temperature. The main basically tasted like a pack of 2 minute noodles with some scraps of chewy pork thrown on top.

Now I wasn't expecting gourmet Chinese food from this establishment, but this food was frankly terrible. Would not eat here again if I was starving to death.

Avoid like the plague, or eat here and risk contracting it.....

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Came here with friend to taste the congee. It was pretty good, we ordered a package of Chicken fillet congee and Pork and egg congee.
Each package comes with 2 complimentary side dishes.