“Greek experience in Sydney”
Review of Steki Taverna

Steki Taverna
Ranked #991 of 5,982 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My family and friends took me to Steki taverna for my birthday as it is one of my favourite restaurants in Sydney. It is definitely the best Greek experience outside of Greece. The food and atmosphere are both authentic and plentiful topped off by the live music. I have been dining at Stekis since my university days many years ago and am so glad that my own children can experience it. this would be my only dining recommendation especially if you like Greek food.

1  Thank Kimberley52
There are newer reviews for Steki Taverna

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Went to Steki mid-week. I think a Greek restaurant needs a big crowd, music and some spare plates (for throwing).

The servings were large but in the end it is the taste that is important and on this measure the restaurant failed.

Doubt whether I would go again.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

On entering on a Saturday night I thought "nice buzz with live music". But within a short time all positive vibes dissipated.

Firstly the food was really awful in my opinion. My dish, a sort of escalope reminded me of a seeping wound. Sorry to be so graphic but it was probably the most unappealing dish I have ever been served at a restaurant.

The service was shambolic with entrees delayed and then served after the main course after the plates had been collected and without replacements despite repeated requests. Then the plates came without cutlery. Then more and more repeated requests...Then the cutlery arrived..yes you have it..by that stage the food was cold and could not be eaten.

The music was really, really, ....really loud.Now you may say that can add to a vibrant atmosphere but that combined with singing that bore no relationship to the disassemblement of an accompaniment, just led to a headache.

I am not usually such a harsh judge, but the experience for me and our group of about 8 was really awful.

It seemed full and another reviewer here loves it so maybe my party just doesn't get it.

Tell me I am wrong by all means! But bar causing embarrassment I was as close as I have ever been to asking for my money back!

2  Thank MikelSydney
Reviewed January 23, 2010

great food & service, lotsa fun