“Great foodie experience but toilets were really disgusting”
Review of Rocks Teppanyaki

Rocks Teppanyaki
Ranked #2,316 of 6,492 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am not sure what message this restaurant is trying to send to patrons. When we arrived they didn't have our booking recorded but after some discussion allowed us to stay for dinner. We had a prepurchased voucher for a 11 course meal and the food was quite delicious and we were entertained by Umi who a cooked and served most of our dishes. The crepe Suzette was just amazing! Unfortunately the toilets were disgustingly dirty and there was no soap available from either dispenser. Please clean up your act!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We got this voucher to enjoy meal on this restaurant for seafood and steak.
The food is wonderful specially by the end we got crispy rice,which my hubby live it.
We also had their signature food,it's some kinda crap meat wrap and top with special creamy rich sauce.
The waiter service was wonderful,the chef cook quite skilful,but not much direct interaction with the customer. But she did good job provide us some insight of how chef cook on the big giant hot plate BBQ.
All the dishes very yummy and present quite nice,love the lobster and the steak and so small lemon sorbet for palate cleansing ,which I actually prefer than the main dessert..which too much alcohol for my liking,lim not alcohol person.
I will recommend this for voucher value,but I don't think I can recommend for full price,because I can't afford it.
The toilet a bit downer,not as clean as we expect for this type of restaurant. They seem to not having much staff. But the person who took our reception also the waiter,he really do good job. He is very friendly and multi skill.
Overall if we have the budget,we like to visit again,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We booked teppanyaki because we have three kids ages 8,11,12 and they love teppanyaki. We had to wait until 9.30 for sitting but we booked late on the same day so that was fair enough. The atmosphere was very somber. The food was nice but it was very expensive so I expected more than nice. There was none of the usual flair of teppanyaki cooking :( also as we left we paid by credit card and walked out of the restaurant with our reciept but they had failed to give the card back and unfortunately we didn't notice until the next morning paying our check out hotel bill. We rang the restaurant many times only to say it had been disconnected. We had to leave sydney to return to melbourne at 3.30 so we just had to leave the card. On arrival in melbourne I rang the restaurant again and finally got through to someone. They said that yes a card was let there last night and it was a pale colour etc describing our card. He explained that it wasn't at the front desk it was in the safe hand that he would check and ring back. Three hours later he hadn't rung so I called again. He said it see,ed to have gone missing from the safe and that he would chase it up and get back to me. Needless to say we cancelled our card and as yet he has still not called me back! Very dodgy!

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We went here last night for the first time. We had to wait a whole to be noticed at the reception and despite having booked a table had to wait again before being seated.
The food was cooked beautifully. The starters were delicious. The prawn and calamari salad was lovely, the dressing was great. We had the barramundi and wagu combination and both these were cooked perfectly and delicious. There was however no real fun entertainment from the chefs as we are used to at a teppenyaki restaurant.. the chef was going through the motions of cooking and sliced slowly. The large flames ( created with blowtorch and alcohol on the grill) were the only entertaining feature.
The garlic rice had way too much garlic and the desert ( crepes suzettes) were cooked in too much butter.
Unfortunately the toilets in this Reataurant ( male and female) were filthy. They smelt and desperately needed a good clean. When I mentioned this to the waitress's when paying she just laughed (embarrassed perhaps?)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Always the best Japanese restaurant. Food is exellent but the wine is expensive. Cost me $100 for a bottle of saki. Rather have a red.

1  Thank Chris Z