“Top quality Vietnamese”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Lantern - CLOSED

Red Lantern
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Sydney
“Top quality Vietnamese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Sydney has plenty of good vietnamese restaurants, this is where you go when you want a quality restaurant to wow someone, but it's definitely no cheap. Food is superb though.

Visited April 2012

“I love Luke's tucker.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

If the only dish you eat here is the deep fried snapper with coriander, chile and lime (and loads of other ingredients) - you'll be well satisfied. It's the most flavourful, fragrant and delicate fish ever. In fact I'd probably use those adjectives for pretty much all of the dishes @ RL. Although it has become exceedingly popular in recent times, the food quality doesn't seem to have diminished. Hooray! And, the service was pretty darn good too. One thing's for sure - I'll be back!

• Visited December 2012
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had the $80 banquet. Sensational. Luke Nguyen's little hidden gem, will not dissapoint. Book now...!

• Visited November 2012
“Taste of Vietnam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Luke Nguyen creates authentic Vietnamese flavours with fresh ingredients and traditional recipes given a modern twist.

“Birthday night disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I decided to surprise my wife for her birthday by taking her to this venue. Upon arrival we were seated ready for a relaxed and happy night. We were seated and asked whether we wanted drinks which we did. The drinks arrived and my drink a Jack Daniels & Coke arrived. Problem when I tasted it I called the female waitress and said this is not my order which she replied Oh we dont have JD so I replaced it with Cougar!!! I said I dont drink anything but JD which she took the drink away. This arrogant member of staff then took it upon herself to belittle a nice young Asian waiter constantly in front of many of the diners. She became the centre of attraction or should I say distraction. The food which was the taster menu was OK some dishes better than others but on the whole we were disappointed overall. The night was so tense with the constant behaviour displayed by this female waitress that we were out in an hour and twenty minutes. I received the account and yes the Cougar had found its way onto the account.
I wont be visiting here in a hurry as the cost & behaviour female waitress was unaccepatble

• Visited November 2012