“Psst.. wana eat a tomahawk steak larger than your torso?”

Prime Steak Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 6,793 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Sydney and Australia's Best Steak Fine Dining Restaurant offering a first-class dining experience. Prime is the world’s most innovative grill room and steakhouse. This steak restaurant is known for serving the best steaks in Sydney CBD. Prime Steak Restaurant has pioneered many changes for the steak restaurants industry since opening in 1999. • Prime Restaurant - The first steak restaurant in Sydney to introduce dry-aged beef to its menu in 1999 • Prime Restaurant - The first steak restaurant in Sydney to offer wagyu in 2002 • Prime Restaurant - The first steakhouse to only offer the “centre” and most consistent part of our selected premium cuts in 2004 • Prime Restaurant - The first steak restaurant to expand its menu and offer over 18 different steak options in 2006 • Prime Restaurant - The first steakhouse restaurant to offer “Graded” grass-fed steaks in 2009 • Prime Restaurant - The first steakhouse to introduce a premium Meat degustation in 2016
Reviewed November 17, 2016

We ate a gigantic tomahawk steak and i have no regrets.

The property is intimate, well presented and incredibly unique.

The menu caters to carnivores as the name suggests, but there are vegetarian options.

The wine menu is outstanding, and there's a perfect recommended balance to each dish.

Tip: Ask for a booth, as the circular tables tend to be near the rest rooms.

Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

Unbelievable. Thats the only way to describe this restaurant. I went for my birthday and got the degustation menu (recommend). The dishes were perfect from start to finish and the staff were attentive and knowledgeable. I am pregnant and they were more than happy to change some of the menu so i could enjoy everything without any sacrifices. The Angus and wagyu were superb and the desserts were fabulous and mouth watering. Plus on top of my dessert they even gave me a plate of petit desserts to celebrate my birthday. I am definitely going back.

1  Thank Insertmynameinhere
Reviewed November 9, 2016

I took my partner here for a birthday dinner, just the two of us. He is a 'meathead'...and he loves a good cut of steak. What better place than Prime Steak. While being a fine dining restaurant, there was such a peaceful atmosphere that we enjoyed throughout the duration of our dining experience (we stayed for dinner). The waitress we had was absolutely lovely and personable, with no sight of pretentiousness at all. I loved that.

The food was accompanied beautifully with sides I could never imagine would work together. The wagyu was truly a melt in your mouth experience. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

Visited tonight and had the degustation menu, hard to fault any part of the meal and having 3 individual 100g steaks was to die for.

Well done Prime!

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Went for an anniversary dinner and had the best meal! The steak was like butter and the oysters were beyond amazing with the cucumber sorbet. The service was great and couldn't do enough to make our night special.

1  Thank LaurenHemp