“Succulent tender steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prime Steak Restaurant

Prime Steak Restaurant
Reserve with
Prime Steak Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 5,815 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Voted Australia's Best Steak Restaurant for the past 13 consecutive years; Prime offers a first-class dining experience. With New York style interiors, heritage listed sandstone & our exceptional sommelier on hand - Prime is the ideal venue for the most discerning client whether it be for a private event for 10 or 130 guests. Prime offers 18 premier steaks including Wagyu, Black Angus and Hereford Yearlings ideal for steak lovers, but also offers a variety of seafood, poultry and vegetarian dishes. Its exceptional staff and expert sommelier are on hand to assist you with your food and wine selections. Through its cool, timeless, elegant interior and attention to detail Prime is the ideal location for lunch, dinner or a private function.
Montreal, Canada
“Succulent tender steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I am shocked this establishment has not had more reviews because it is a must go to place in sydney.
Hidden in the basement level of martin place its an absolute gem.my sister and I meat lovers so the menu was just full of choices from angus to wagyu to chateaubriand.we had the angus Hereford and a tbone steak in the black angus list average price $55. The steak just melted in our mouth , and had a charcoal flavour ,the sides of potato chips and potato gratinnae was amazing. All in all would definitely recommend the portions are large and value for money.the ambience is dim lighting perfect for a romantic evening .

• Visited January 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went to the restaurant with my mother during our vacation in Sydney. Ordered Steak Tartare and A Soup as starters and both of us ordered Wagyu beef as mains. Everything is delicious but the steaks are fantastics! Very nicely cooked. The place is not cheap but worth to pay for the quality of steak. My mother ordered +9 and I ordered the +6 Wagyu, we cannot tell too much the differences, the +6 was very yummy. Price differences between the two probably 30AUD, so it is not necessary to order the +9.

If I will need to complain, we waited like 30 mins after our starters for the mains to come, but then the staff was very helpful to chase that up for us. Overall it has been a nice experience. I will go back if i am in Sydney again.

• Visited January 2014
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for my friends' bthday party.. We have 10people in total..We had a very good time in the restaurant...Nice environment, Friendly staff and very nice food!! Highly recommend to everyone.. Will difinatelly come back again!!!

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't find a fault with Prime - this was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Yes, it is pricey, but I felt it was value for money.

The service was professional and polished but also friendly and not at all stuck up. Excellent wine recommendations from the sommelier that were options I wouldn't have usually chosen (eg: a white Grenache from Spain) and so broadened my horizons in a very pleasant way.

The scallops with pork belly for entree was sublime: perfectly cooked scallops, tender pork with melting fat and super crisp and delicate crackling. The flavours were delicate and allowed the scallops and pork to shine.

The rib eye (medium-rare) was full of wonderful beefy flavour - no insipid beef on the menu here - the fat was buttery and the texture was tender almost to the point of falling apart.

The potato gratinee blows every potato bake out of the water with wafer thin slices of potato, the perfect balance of cream and seasonings. Heaven on a fork.

I'm a big fan of condiments so I was pleased that the red wine jus was rich and powerful and the béarnaise was creamy, tangy and full of fresh herbs.

I had the bombe alaska for dessert and it was a good fresh finishing note: a centre of house made cherry and mandarin icecreams with a spiky covering of Italian meringue crisped to perfection.

So long as you're prepared for a big bill, I highly recommend this place.

Toronto, Canada
“amazing steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were staying at the Westin at 1 Martin Place in Sydney Australia and dined at the Prime which is on the lower level...I had the Wagyu beef and did not want to finish my meal as the steak was heavenly . Our server was an Italian guy who recommended it his service was excellent . My husband had the medallions of steak I cannot recall the dish but he said it was wonderful and wanted to eat at the prime every day !!! The salads were excellent and so were the veggies. good choice of wines A must if you are in Sydney

• Visited December 2013