“Otto ristorante”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City East
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is what one might call a non descript waterfront restaurant among many others lined up facing this Sydney bay. But the food is worth the write up. I began with a lovely salad and went on to grilled prawns that were better than good. They were fresh and succulent - some of the best that I've tasted in a long time. They weren't frozen or pre cooked, you could taste the sea. The service for our table of eight was just right, neither intrusive nor ignored. We even indulged in a "sweetie."

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had planned a couple of days in Sydney to celebrate a special occasion. We had booked Otto for lunch on our final day - our choice met our expectations plus more! The service was attentive, friendly and informative. We were offered mats for our handbags to sit on! Then came our drinks and bread and oil (bread was from a selection of 3 varieties) We chose to have entree size meals for our main to allow room for dessert and this was no problem. Our meals arrived shortly after and were beautifully presented, all five dishes were enjoyed. We then selected desserts and would have to say we were very impressed with the presentation, quality of produce and flavours to die for! We were there for 2 hours and had a most memorable experience. Although "on paper" a little expensive ($320 for 5 people for lunch) the meals were delicious and I don't mind paying when the service, environment and food is 10/10 and everyone walks away talking about it!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Ate at Otto for a birthday, a group of 12. Firstly, all the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Food was quite exceptional and the setting of Otto, perfect.
My one big gripe of the evening was that the staff seemed to get nearly everyone's dish wrong when it came to serving time. Nobody got their steak the way they wanted it cooked because the staff where too confused as to who ordered what. That is not what you would expect from a restaurant like this.

Having said that, I would go back for the food and the scenery.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I happened onto Otto Ristorante quite late in the afternoon. Only two tables were occupied.

The restaurant is located in a row of mainly fast food restaurants located in South Bank Parklands. It was a diamond among paving stones.

The first server was a young woman who could not answer my questions about the menu. In a moment, the owner arrived. He was of great assistance and quite charming.

Of Greek descent, he takes pride in his Mediteranean restaurant. My pasta, a special order, was prepared perfectly.

The owner was helpful in recommending other nice restaurants in Brisbane,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have dined at Otto many times, but I believe this may be my first time to write a review.
It was such a lovely evening I thought it required a mention!
We chose Otto on this occasion as we were looking for a gorgeous waterside setting where we could sit outside. Sadly Sydney does not have enough of these restaurants, but Otto ticks all the boxes. On a gorgeous summer night in Sydney, there can't be too many better places.
We were met with lovely smiles and compliments on dresses (a good start to the night) & happily it continued this way for the remainder of the evening. Our waitress was a gem, knowledgeable, warm and funny (wish I could remember her name). The wine recommendation was exactly to our taste and all the food was delicious. We stayed for hours and had a wonderful night.
Grazie Otto!