“Breakfast at Nicks 103”

Ranked #1,663 of 6,485 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We enjoyed breakfast at Nicks. It was well prepared and was moderately priced. The hot chocolate was delicious!

1  Thank Travelgirlslife

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went with a group of friends after a work conference and I had the morton bay bugs. Although they were ok, i would say that my food envy (of my friends Barramundi) coloured my experience of this restaurant. My food was just ok, whereas the Barramundi was cooked perfectly and was very tasty (what little I had). I thought the atmosphere here was nice and relaxed, but the waiters could seem a little slow and put out by any additional requests.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

After walking around Darling Harbour at lunchtime, we decided on Nick's as their menu looked delicious. We decided to come back for dinner.
At 5pm we entered the restaurant where there was a man drinking coffee in the corner. I, along with my friend and another couple who we didn't know, waited at the server's desk for at least 5 minutes trying to catch someone's eye.
At last a dark haired, fairly large woman came out from the back and looked at me like I had just walked in while she was in the shower. I said "Hi, a table for 2 please" to which her abrupt reply was "5:30!!" which I thought was a little rude. We left and wandered around the harbour until they opened.
At 5.20, my friend and I went back only to find that all of the nice seats at the front of the restaurant were now full of people, which we were a little annoyed about. The same woman as before showed us to a table behind some foliage so that any view of the harbour was hidden. We ordered some wine and the garlic prawns that were a special that day.
In about 5 minutes, our prawns came. I told the server that we were still waiting on our wine and if we could have some water. It was clear that the barstaff and servers has waited until the entire restaurant had ordered drinks as they came out all together on a tray. We never received any water.
We asked for the bill and went to the counter to pay for our admittedly tasty entree sized prawns and wine which came to $60-something dollars.
She took the credit card, gave the receipt and said "That's all yours" Nothing else.
Ultimately, we were highly disappointed by the service at this place and although we are relatively local, we will never be going back. We walked to the other side of the harbour to Crinitis for dessert and really wished we had saved our time and gone their from the start.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had the all you can eat feast at Nicks, Darling Harbour in Sydney Australia. $24.95 for all you can eat, finish one plate, then get another. So the offer is really good value if you are hungry, and good value for expensive Sydney, but the quality of the food was a little lacking.

They did not ask how I wanted the steak cooking, so it came well well done. The calamri that my wife had was again a little over cooked. However the chips (fries) were good.

The menu is good and varied, and maybe I need to try the rest of the menu for a deeper review.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went to the café bit of Nicks 103 (not the restaurant) with colleagues for lunch and would not recommend it. Firstly they have rules about where they bring the food out to - so you can't sit at any table in the café as some tables are not serviced - which just seems totally arbitrary. The fresh juice is out of a bottle. They got the order wrong and a couple of wrong dishes arrived, which they then argued about. I showed them the receipt and they then asked whether I really wanted to get it swapped as it might take a while. The fish was greasy and the chips were cold.