“Excellent all round”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
England
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Excellent food which was well presented. Excellent, friendly and attentive staff. Excellent location on the waterfront with views across the harbour.

• Visited October 2012

Newcastle, Australia
“What an experience!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We received a red balloon "experience" for Nicks and it was amazing. I can honestly say the mussels here were the best I have ever eaten. Service was fantastic with a great atmosphere. Would definitely dine here again.

• Visited May 2012
Australia
“Fantastic food, great service”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We dined during the week and the experience was excellent from beginning to end. Service was outstanding, the location great and the view of the 'other' side of darling harbour lovely. We started with cocktails and each was perfect. I love a good caiporoska and having drank many in my time, Nick's was the best. Shared entrees of grilled prawns and oysters kilpatrick which were divine. The only downside was the oysters could have had more sauce but they were super fresh and the prawns giant but sweet and tender. Service was attentive but not in your face and our waiter easily developed a rapport woith our table and I noted that he did the same with other guests. Our mains of grilled salmon, grilled john dory salad and chips arrived quickly, piping hot and super super fresh. The salads were genourous, tasty, crisp and well dressed with oil and vinegar. The chips were crispy crunchy and enjoyed by all. Easch serve of fish was cooked to perfection - flaky, tender, juicy and delicious. We all ordered the white chocolate and raspberry brulee and wow, did it hit the spot. It was crunchy, creamy and finished off our meal perfectly. My father in law commented that that dish was his favourite out of all we had during our 4 day trip to sydney. At Nick's you do pay for what you get but I have never had a bad meal at any of their establishments so don't mind paying for consistency in freshness, taste and portions. Their portions are a little smaller than competitors but you are paying fo quality so don't expect a huge plate-full. The vibe was good, everyone around us looked happy and seemed to be enjoying their meals. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone but unless your kids are used to eating out and are old enough to sit through dinners, I would not say this is a family place. More geared to groups, business and couples than families. Highly recommend and can't wait to visit again.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Nothing special, except the view”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nothing remarkable about the food, quite average in fact. However the service & ambiance were good. If I couldn't sit close to the water/views I 'd move onto another place where I could.

Visited July 2012
Hobart, Australia
“Exceptional in every way”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our experience started when we were greeted at the entrance by a charming young lady. We were shown to our table by another very friendly young lady. Our waiter immediately greeted us, served us iced water and took our drink order. We ordered the Seafood Platter for two. Our drinks and meal arrived within 10 minutes even though we were told that there would probably be a 25 minute wait. The meal was excellent and the seafood exceptionally fresh. Dessert was also very tasty. We recommend anyone wanting a great seafood meal to go to Nick's.

If you go on a Saturday night make sure you book a terrace table (at front) so that you have a great view of the spectacular fireworks display around 8.30pm.

• Visited September 2012