“Great location, tasty but expensive food and very selective service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nick's Seafood Restaurant

Nick's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #224 of 5,816 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Nick's Seafood Restaurant has become somewhat of a Sydney institution over the last decade since opening its doors in 1998. With Nick's years of experience in the seafood wholesale business, it does not surprise anyone that Nick's Seafood Restaurant is the leader in fresh and high quality seafood produce in Sydney. Everyday our produce is carefully sourced by our group of expert buyers at the Sydney Fish Markets. The menu contains an array of fresh fish, oysters, crustaceans and lobsters. Our chef's enhance the flavours, with the food showcasing natural flavours and simplicity. Overlooking the shores of Cockle Bay and Darling Harbour, Nick's Seafood Restaurant has all that a delectable seafood dining experience should.... Fresh seafood, professional service with breathtaking panoramic oceans views of Darling Harbour.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location, tasty but expensive food and very selective service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The location of this restaurant is great, with some of the best views of Cockle Bay Wharf. I was there for an early lunch on a Monday morning so it was a very relaxed atmosphere. Expect to pay a lot for the nice food. I think you pay mainly for the location.
Here is what disappointed me though. I just walked in and I was shown to my table. A minute after me another couple of tourists (both males) walk in and they choose a table right next to mine although the restaurant was almost empty at that time of day. Nothing too unusual though because my table had a nice view of the harbour. I would assume I come in first I should be the one to be served and then the other couple. The waiter (a guy with a French accent) grabs the specials menu board, walks past my table and brings it right to the table of the guys next to me. Ahem....I was first and then them. My guess was two customers would order (and perhaps tip more) than a single one so maybe that was his reasoning. Still, in such a classy restaurant service should be important. Needless to say this ruined it for me and had I the exact change, I wouldn't have left the extra dollar as a tip. I believe in rewarding good customer service but never ever tip if the service isn't good.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Perfect place, great seafood and service, lovely wine list at a good price...10 years since I was last there and still as great..!!!

• Visited November 2012
Gosford, Australia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Service was fair to overpriced for the experience a tourist restaurant. really tourist will enjoy the fresh Australian produce location is great.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Murray S
near London , UK
“Great food, noisy though!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a great meal with super wine but because tables are very close together had to endure some pretty appauling table manners and dinner conversations in close proximity. Have no idea what was going on with waiting staff, lots of dropped dishes, more than 3 serious drops in 40 minutes!
Reasonably priced for the location, great views and opportunity to 'peopl watch' from the terrace but note that Sydney is not a cheap place to eat out!
The food tasted great and the service was very speedy but be warned that many Aussies appear to have different ideas about what's acceptable dinner conversation and have no concept of volume control..be prepared to blush!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Starke, Florida
“Superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I ate here on a Sunday evening while in Sydney for work. My wife had the prawns in chili and ginger sauce and I had kangaroo fillet and prawns. They were both, quite simply, excellent—probably the best meal we've had in our month long work-trip to Australia. And the location, on Darling Harbour, with the sun setting, just made it perfect.

• Visited November 2012