“Great restaurant but not with small kids with allergies who want burgers”
Review of The Meat & Wine Co - CLOSED

The Meat & Wine Co
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I love this restaurant and thought we should take the kids there.

However our kids (as do most kids do) only wanted burgers. Regretfully they could not guarantee their burgers to be nut free.

Apart from the above it was great experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm a grill and ribs expert. I was staying at the intercontinental hotel and needed a quick dinner for the kids. We normally goto hurricane grill but couldn't make it in time. So we tried this place and ordered all the ribs. I'll start from best to worst.

Lamb ribs were cooked very well with an authentic Greek lemon herb flavor. Moist and abit fatty as lamb usually is.

Beef ribs looked nice and chunky and had lots of meat but we're too dry.

Pork is usually the best and safest bet.OMG what a fail. Firstly the ribs were to cold. Not just room temp but actually fridge cold. I mentioned to waiter who knew what I was on about before Ibcuz even finished explaining. Must happen often and he got the kitchen to grill up again. However it still ended up having the slight flavor of a fridge, yuk. The meat was very dry like the beef. Overall it was very unpleasant and we couldn't finish it. The ribs looked the part. Nice and big, but something seriously wrong with the cooking process if you taste the cool room.

As I left I took a peak at the workers on the grill. Now I'm not racist to Asians, my kids are half Chinese, but seriously Asian grill cooks obviously hasn't got the skills.

Cooking meat is science. It's more than throwing meat on a hot plate.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We attended on Saturday night for my daughters 21 celebration with family. The set menu was well received by all and we purchased beverages separately so all could have variety. It was a lovely atmosphere with the people strolling outside and the fireworks on display. Caterers well for wheelchairs as we were in the second floor. Lovely would go next year for my other daughters 21

1  Thank Jen221168
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have been to Meat and Wine Co. Steak house several times now. The steaks and general grill items are excellent.

This is one of my favourite steak places in Sydney. High quality steak beautifully seasoned and flame grilled.

The current menu also includes a number of South Africa BBQ options including; great grilled sausages.

Will be back next time in Sydney.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Been here twice now and the steaks are amazing, if you don't mind paying a bit extra. I had the beef carpaccio for entree and the 400 g dry aged steak which I highly recommend. They also do a good assortment of different sides, mac and cheese, onion rings, sautéed mushrooms ect.
The wine list is quite extensive and caters to both high and low budgets.
Staff seemed very friendly, especially towards our 1 year old infant. This was a welcome change as some staff can seem a bit uncomfortable with kids.
If you plan on eating on a weekend, book in advance.