“Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Meat & Wine Co - CLOSED

The Meat & Wine Co
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney, Australia
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Meat and Wine is my favourite steak restaurant. If I have overseas visitors, it's one of the places to take them to experience great food with a view and atmosphere.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lennox Head, Australia
“Glad we went”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Being a Monday night and public holiday in Sydney good restaurants who were open was hard to find. I kept coming across this one on the Internet and the reviews read well and the location seemed like fun, so we booked. From the moment we arrived we were happily surprised, decor was great, views fabulous and staff attentive. The meals when they arrived were fresh, cooked exactly to our liking and tasty. Add this to your list of reliable, fresh, good restaurants in Sydney.
The water view of Darling Harbour was a plus.

London
“Steak in Darling Harbour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great place for steak and chips and an extensive wine selection as well. The views over Darling Harbour are good. The service was attentive and knowledgable.

Visited December 2013
san francisco
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Wanted to try the kangaroo….the reviews suggested it would be good…unfortunately, my kangaroo was very tough and not very tasteful. Disappointing.

I also tried the burger, thinking the kangaroo toughness was because that is how kangaroo meat tastes --- the burger was also tough --- you charge $30 for a burger and it is one of the worst burgers I have ever eaten.

Service was satisfactory; other items (veges and garlic bread) were ok. The salad was very good.

Positive: nice view of Darling Harbor

1 Thank bbb57aolcom
San Francisco, California
“good steaks, very touristy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

The building is big and modern. Very busy with a line out the door. We had reservations but had to wait in line with people adding their names to the long waiting list. The view of the harbor is nice. Horrible lighting!! I felt like I was seated under a heat lamp. Friendly and attentive service (until we were ready for the check...common theme in Sydney?). Drinks: just okay. Cocktails are too sweet and wine selection was extensive but just okay in the end. Food: my aged filet was fabulous. The accompanying mashed potatoes, average. My partner had ribs and steak which he enjoyed. Again I thought they were good but did not blow me away. Dessert of cheesecake with berries and coffee was disappointing. Overall I think this place is a tourist spot and not fit for foodies.

1 Thank Jenny G