“Extraordinary service, food aplenty”
Review of The Meat & Wine Co - CLOSED

The Meat & Wine Co
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney, Australia
“Extraordinary service, food aplenty”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently took a group to Meat and Wine Co Darling Harbour Sydney. The service was exceptional with our waiter (Gareth) extremely well informed regarding types of beef cuts, wines and cocktails and indeed even the history of food and drinks in general. I would highly recommend this to any group. Great work guys.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing - I cannot fault this place at all!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Where do you start. The food was divine!! Meat cooked perfect, sides cooked perfect, the view was lovely and the service amazing. I cannot fault them. We are real foodies and we were quite pelased with everything. Even the pooring of our drinks was to perfect. The waiter poured our beers, he never leant over us and turn the branding on the bottle to face us. Now this is perfect service. The waiters were so polite. Yes it is a little pricey, but well worth it!! They have thought of everything, even the beautiful bib that you wear when you eat ribs. I was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be back.

Paddington, NSW Australia
“YUM!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It is Darling Harbour, any place you eat here is going to be pricey. However, moving past this, I've eaten here twice, and both times been very happy with the quality of the meat and the meals. Steak is pretty much my favourite food, and I'm picky about my steaks. This place is Very Good. The only other competitor in the space Meat & Wine Co occupies (outside high end steak joints like Gaucho Grill which is an Argentinian Steak House in Stanley St) is Hurricanes, and they're both basically comparable. I've mates who prefer Meat & Wine Co, personally, I prefer Hurricanes.

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
“great dinner in darling harbour”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Me and my partner had dinner here about 3 times last year and all I can say it's beautiful tasty food generous servings, excellent presentation and lots of choices . The wine menu is excellent and cater to all budgets. Really if you looking for a decent place to eat in darling harbour you won't be disappointed, a very good alternative for SYdneysiders from all tourist orientated restaurants in darling harbour.

• Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic food and fireworks too”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of the concierge and were not disappointed. My daughter and I ordered the speciality of the house came with cream spinach and au gratin potatoes. My husband had mother cut of meat that was equally fantastic. Our meat was so tender aNd delicious. One of the best meals we have eve had. In addition, there was a fantastic fireworks display and we had a prime location.