“Nice Location”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great location looking out on to Darling Harbour. Visted for lunch. Wine selection was good and enjoyed their food.Good service.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I visited the Food & Wine Company on a recent trip to Sydney. The restaurant is located in a prime location in Darling Harbor, just steps from the Convention Center. The interior is nicely appointed and very well decorated. I was greeted and seated promptly, as I was eating at a fairly early hour. The menu is well done, and obviously heavy on the meats. Beef dominates, with a wide variety of steaks being forefront. For those who prefer other meats, there were chicken, lamb, seafood and kangaroo offerings as well. The wine menu was also significant. Being in Australia, I chose to try the Wagyu filet with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. The steak came served on a hot plate, and the entire meal was beautifully presented. The steak was cooked perfectly, and practically melted in my mouth. The service was perhaps a little slow, but the waiters were all working very hard, so I attribute that to them being short staffed. Prices were typical for a nice restaurant in a high-rent district (meals $25-$65). Meat & Wine Company is an excellent choice for business dinner or romantic night out.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This place was fantastic! The Boereworst was delicious, the steak was perfect! Cooked perfectly, succulent, it melted in my mouth. My wife had the bruscetta, which was the best she's ever had, and the pork cutlets, which were also amazing!

The ambience was perfect, enough noise to not feel like you were at home, but not too much to ruin the romantic mood. The lighting was perfect. The service was amazing, nothing was too hard for them. We had my 5 week old daughter with us, and they put us out of the way so that she be close to us but not stop the waiters getting through.

It was a little on the expensive side for steak etc, but well worth it!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We visited this restuarant on the 1st night of our honeymoon. I could not fault anything with this 5 star eatery.

My steak was a stunning cut of meat cooked to absolute perfection.
The wine which was recommended to go with it, was like liquid gold.

We had an awesome view of the harbour in this newly renovated restuarant. The upstairs bar area made of solid wood creates the most amazing atmosphere.

As soon as I get the chance, I will most definately be back.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

So, we have just decided that we will go to a screening at the iMax theatre that starts in about an hour, just time to grab a bite to eat. Out of the door of the iMax, turn left and there is Meat and Wine Co. Time is short. OK, let's try here!

Now my usual experience with restaurants around Darling Harbour is that you get very average food, with very average service at outrageous tourist trap prices - it kind of just goes with the territory. This establishment was a welcome change from that norm. From the friendly greeting at the door the whole experience was positive, and with excellent quality food. OK I could not describe it as cheap price wise, but given the quality of the fare and the overall dining experience I thought it was reasonably good value.

I went for the Steak Sandwich, have to say I have never seen so much steak packed into a single Steak Sandwich, and it was excellent. I think maybe the best Steak Sandwich I have ever had. My companion wanted a lighter bite, so she went for the Halloumi starter. It looked interesting, so I nicked a bit. It was great, not your usual dried up few bits of fried Halloumi, but two delicately warmed slices with a diced mushroom filling between them, really quite impressive.

There is a wide ranging wine list, but even better, a great selection of beers. Whoever choose the beer range knows their stuff, take a gold star. Deserts were equally good, the Creme Brulee was a visual delight as well as treat for the taste buds.

Overall, a great accidental choice for our 'quick bite' meal. Looking forward to going back and spending a little longer there next time.