“Good Food with Lightning Fast Service”
Review of Maya Da Dhaba

Maya Da Dhaba
Reserve with
Maya Da Dhaba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #582 of 5,856 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Food with Lightning Fast Service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon Maya Da Dhaba while I was in Sydney and the joong had an average rating on Trip Advisor.
First of all there are 2-3 Maya Da Dhaba's with Slightly different names on the same road. I went for the one which had the board up for home cooked North Indian meals.
The food was excellent and the ambience was classy. Everyday the occupancy was 80-90% even though it is a big joint. The service was fantastic with food coming within the 1st 10 mins.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the food. Cheers!!!!

• Visited July 2013

Sydney
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We've always rated this place in the past. Ordered using the menu log app - chose the time of our food and it always used to come on time. On one occasion they messed up the order and the vegetarian dish came containing chicken. When we phoned they were so apologetic and sent out the missed order with lots of extras which was really decent of them.
However, the last two times we've ordered delivery the delivery guy couldn't find our unit (same guy both times) meaning we had to go out into the streets and find him.
The second time it happened we phoned and complained - not only did we have to go and find the delivery (the other guy never had a problem) but the food was 20 minutes late and stone cold. Their response was "We've been busy".
Not good enough

• Visited July 2013
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Good enough”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was actually going to another Indian restaurant in Surry Hills, but this one had so many people in that we decided to give it a try. Atmosphere is good, decoration in simple, but nice. Service was pretty good too. Many options of entres and mains, but wasn't amazed by the food. Had better. Value is OK for neighborhood location. Payed 40 bucks for 2 mains, 1 rice, 2 naan breads. No drinks.

Sydney, Australia
“Don't order takeaway and don't get catering. Unreliable.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I've ordered delivery once previously for work functions and spent $300. I thought if do the same for my firms next drinks night. I ordered $300 of food the day before for delivery at 5pm. I received a phone call and email confirmation that day that my order was placed. So when it was 5.30pm 15mins into my function I called to enquire as to the status of my food. After having to speak to three people I was told it was 20mins away. I said was it really 20mins away as if it wasn't I would cancel my order and look for any alternative. They said it was and I was right to have my doubts. I received a call at 5.50pm saying it was minutes away. At 6.05pm still no food and another call was placed. Food didn't arrive until 6.15pm some 1hr and 15 mins after the scheduled delivery time. They were apologetic but doesn't make up for the clear lies and unreliability. I just wanted them to be honest with me so I could get an alternative however all I received was lies and looking foolish in front of my work colleagues. Food was good but never again.

Sydney, Australia
“Poor service and food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I ordered takeaway using the Delivery Hero application on my phone. I placed my order and received a message that said it would take 60 minutes for my order to arrive. I waited for an hour and 20 minutes before calling up the restaurant to see where my order was, the person advised me it had left the restaurant and was on its way to me. Another 20 minutes goes by and I still hadn’t received anything so I call a second time and a different person answered. Again they checked the kitchen but where unsure where my order was, I spent 5 minutes on the phone listening to a conversation back and forth between the kitchen and restaurant staff not knowing what happened to my order when finally I was told it was on the way. The delivery person came a minute later.
I opened my dishes to find that they were extremely cold. I received 4 small pieces of chicken in my butter chicken dish and the rest was all sauce. The second dish I ordered has pieces of chicken in a container filled with what looked like oil and tasted just as horrible.
Terrible service and average food. Needless to say I will not be ordering here again