“Good experience”

Marque
Ranked #2,779 of 5,841 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Newcastle, Australia
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The marque was good however not as good as my expectations were for the price of the degustation. It was $160 p/p for 9 courses without wine matched. However I went with my partner and another couple and 3 out of 4 of us did not eat seafood so the restaurant was quite happy to replace the seafood with other things. The staff were all French and very knowledgable which was fantastic they could tell us what everything on our plate was and what it was made of as both as mine and my friend partners are chefs.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kirsty W

Cairns
“An absolute standout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is undoubtedly one of Australia's best restaurants. We did a five course degustation lunch a couple of weeks ago (which was really seven courses) and were thoroughly impressed with every course. This place is definitely not for everyone, as some of the complaints below attest. This is a place for adventurous diners willing to embrace the creativity of a team of highly talented chefs. for me, it was as good a meal as I've had in Australia. The food was great, as were the wine matchings and the service. The bread was a real standout for me too. Also, i know some people complain about the $5 a head water charge but I wholeheartedly support this move and it ultimately works out much cheaper than ordering several bottles of water, whcih you invariably end up doing at a place like this.

• Visited June 2013
Sydney
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was there some years ago, and was raving about it. Revisiting it is nothing short of disappointment. While being grossly overpriced, the food, the services, and even the decor have not earned a mention for the day.

• Visited June 2013
“What a waste of money!!!!! Horrible food and extremely over priced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been to a lot of Sydney's premiere restaurants and was excited to be attending Marque for my mother-in-laws birthday.
Each course was weird combination, tiny and majority ineatable. The presentation and service was excellent however.
Whilst already disappointed with the food, I could not have expected the insult that was to come with the bill!!!!! $675 per couple and for what????? One mouth of eatable food, an empty tummy and a long drawn out meal!
All in all my opinion Marque = avoid like the plague!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kel91283
Sydney, Australia
“weird experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

had high expectations and instead it became a Faulty Towers farce. The wait staff just kept doing weird and awkward things... "Would you like to order?". I said "yes". He then turned 180 degrees and walked away. By the end of lunch we thought we might be being filmed it became so weird. Good food, high price and bizarre staff.

Visited October 2012