“Delicious!!!”

Ranked #495 of 6,486 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Make sure you sit at the counter so that you can see all the yummy dishes floating past you. You could also order off the menu if you want the freshest, but most of the dishes on the sushi train are fresh anyway!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Excellent Sushi. We use Makoto as our benchmark for all other Sushi in Sydney. Usually a queue. Lots of Japanese people eating there, which is a good sign.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I liked it, it was a no fuss dinner, especially with all sushi plates at $3. We order the Ramen soups, a little watery, nothing special. Private booths to sit at or sit at the bar and watch the train go around. I think it was also BYO, as I saw the table behind us had wine. Enjoy

Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you are looking for a great sushi experience this is the train for you.
Located at World Square, be sure not to mix it up with the sushi train in the centre of the square. For Makoto you need to enter from the Liverpool street side of the square near the corner of Pitt St.
For ease of eating it's best to sit at the bar with the freshest sushi sailing past you.
Be sure to try the different styles you don't see at other sushi trains.
The made to order menu is very good and I am quite fond of the desserts here. I highly recommend the green tea ice-cream.
Makoto can be busy at times so when you arrive, write your name on the board next to the door and tear off your small number. I have never had to wait longer then 5-10 minutes.

1  Thank gefsmith
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I LOVE my sushi and for that reason I have tried most sushi places in Sydney and around Australia as well (of course not counting many times in Japan). This sushi bar is the best sushi you can get in Australia in my humble opinion. The quality of the sushi is always great, fish is always fresh and the variety is fantastic. The different kinds of salmon sushi is better then most salmon sushi you can get in Japan (reasonably priced that is). Of course it is a bit pricier then few rival sushi bars in Sydney but the small price difference is worth it.